Bass playing days in limbo (injury)

Hi everyone. Haven’t posted in a while. I had a very serious and gruesome accident on a construction site and cut my left hand in half. Separated the thumb from the fingers right down the palm pas my wrist Severed tendons, nerves, and my radial artery.

They patched me up pretty good but I have limited motion and no feeling in my thumb ( fret hand). Looks like I’m taking a break from bass for a bit

11 Likes

That’s aweful news, so sorry to hear that @Kopusetic. I hope you heal quickly and don’t have ongoing pain.
Speedy recovery

6 Likes

Ugh that sounds awful. Don’t worry about bass, just give that hand time to heal as well as it can. Super sorry you had to go through that.

6 Likes

Hey bud, sorry to hear of your accident, hope your well on the road back To your bass
@Kopusetic.
Good luck.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

So sorry to hear that @Kopusetic :crying_cat_face:

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your accident @Kopusetic.
Hopefully you’ll mend quickly :pray:t2:

2 Likes

Damn! That’s a pretty rough injury. I’m real sorry to hear about that. Have they said how long it will take for it to heal and what kind of functionality you can expect to regain?

4 Likes

Damn, that’s a mental image I could have done without. I can see how that sucks ferociously.

Man, I’m sorry to hear that! :no_mouth:

5 Likes

To say the least, that sounds aweful, but on the other side, you still have a hand to eventually play with. I know long roads to recovery as good as anybody, have having many injuries that set you back for a good while, but sounds like there is hope for yo to play again, which is way better then the alternative.
Hope you stick around the forums in the meanwhile, but I get if it is too hard to do, I can see how it would make me want to play.

5 Likes

@Kopusetic Ah man that sounds bad. All the best for full recovery. Take it easy don’t rush anything

4 Likes

@Kopusetic

So sorry to that! Hang in there man, just be patient and take it slow. Hopefully the desire to play again can help with the rehab process. Thanks for sharing this news with us- we are here for ya.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, so sorry to hear about your gruesome injury. Wishing you a quick recovery.
I guess all you can do now is concentrate on the theory

4 Likes

Ear Training. There are lots of apps, and you don’t need to play a lick to do it, just listen and learn on the apps. I know Josh recommends to start with intervals, I am sure it is the right place to start and many if not all other instructors would agree. Start small too, like perfect fifth, octave, major 3rd, then add intervals as you get better.

5 Likes

That’s horrible, I’m so sorry.

5 Likes

Damn! Not good! I sounds like you will gain functionality after healing and lots of physical therapy. In the meanwhile, this would be a good time to listen to a lot of music with some excellent headphones. I’m talking about really listening not just hearing. This is an essential part of our practice and a part of our training that we frequently neglect

6 Likes