Bass Ramps

Okay, I did not see this topic on the search. I played at BTB 33 the other day and it had a bass ramp. I loved that thing. The only draw back is if wanted to dig in but I could move in front or behind the jazz style pups on my Carvin BK 5. Now I need to find some one to make me one as I do not have the tools to make a nice one. What are y’all’s thoughts on these?

2 Likes

There is a company in Italy that makes ramps for all kinds of basses (and all kinds of materials, it seems):

4 Likes

I think @Al1885 is our resident ramp expert.

4 Likes

There is no doubt about that. He has bought and made more than all of us put together will ever know. :wink:

2 Likes

The one from here BonkBass products are much cheaper and much more ergonomic but the guy is doing as a hobby so he bare has anything.

I’ve too busy to get my CNC machine setup and get it going. I will eventually lol. When I do BassBuzzers could get them.

Ramps are great they are like 2 in 1, ramp and rest.

2 Likes

Lol. Yeah I have about 20 I bought for my basses and may be a few more I 3d printed myself.

2 Likes

I made a cheap functional one from a sheet of 1/4” dense foam from Michael’s arts & crafts. It just slides between the neck and the P pickups. Prolly not as good as
a real one (which I’ve never played) but may still be a viable option.

2 Likes

Is that a Reverend bass?

1 Like

No, Ibanez Talmam TMB100

1 Like

Actually the TMB30, essentially the same but short scale

1 Like

Ramps are either easy or complicated to make and installed.

If you want a simple and functional ramp any plank of wood cut and sanded then install with double tape would do the job.

If you want to get fancy you’d need to then put radius on the ramp at the same radus or slighter flatter than your fingerboard. Making tabs to install the pickup screw on the jazz pickups can be tricky but not necessary.

Here are some of what I have installed on mine, as well as some that I printed.

4 Likes