Bass Recommendations?

You are biased @howard
:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

100% the BB is my main bass and I am a Yamaha fanboy for sure. Go team blue! :rofl:

4 Likes

Thinking I may go with the 734 first. Iā€™ve wanted that bass for a long time. No matter how cool the G&L is, I think thereā€™d be some remorse. I am thinking however about replacing my SS with a G&L down the line though.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a good choice to recognize that you want something :slight_smile:

I passed on one of these Fenders a while back, when I had a shot at one. But itā€™s all good.

The Sire V8 is the Jazz that has the perfect playability, pups and features I dig most.

4 Likes

734 is a solid choice. Hard to go wrong with it

2 Likes

Thatā€™s an excellent choice. The 734 is way cool. Itā€™s a modern approach to a classic setup.

To me G&L is just the next evolution from Leoā€™s genius. To the Fender crowd, G&L is just cool and solve a lot of issues and still stay very classic. The bass feels and sounds fantastic.

One little observation on the G&L short scale. Itā€™s too freaking long. Itā€™s about the same as the regular size bass. If they were to make the Fallout the same overall length as the mustang Iā€™d have own a couple by now.

Hereā€™s the sound test on my SB 1 straight up no effects from a DI to my Zoom Q8N 4k. Super comfortable P bass and very easy to play.

5 Likes

Your playing is so darn smooth!

2 Likes

These get mentioned a lot as they are a fantastic bass, however, if you get the chance be sure to try one if youā€™re thinking of buying. I did when I was in the market for a new a bass and Iā€™m glad I did as Aerodyneā€™s just do not feel right for me ā€¦ specifically, my playing style means my forearm digs into the top of the body as it doesnt have the forearm contour that the majority of basses have.

2 Likes

Something about this bass. I agree, I find it uncomfortable to play too; but I love a slab bodied 51 P also with no forearm or belly contours. I really love it.

Maybe Iā€™m weird.

2 Likes

I mean, arenā€™t we all?

But not because of the Aerodyne. I wanted so badly to love mine, but I justā€¦ didnā€™t. I canā€™t really put my finger on it. It justā€¦ didnā€™t fit.

2 Likes

Same happened to me with my Aerodyne. It was gorgeous but I just didnā€™t vibe with it and wound up selling it

1 Like

May be it make you feel like a guitarist. Its slim profile can feel different. Sitting down playing is not too different but standing up and play itā€™s feels like a long neck Strats. :joy:

2 Likes

Me too, sometimes I just feel like playing a classic instrument and get inspiration. I have a few Slab body MusicMan and I just love playing it.

My favorite aside from my Stingray Special is my 51P. It is awesomeness personified.

1 Like

I donā€™t have an EB or MM bass yet, but have a Sire Z7 on pre order and it will be my next bass and hope to love it

5 Likes

Looks like a gorgeous bass. But what is the technical rationale behind adding a single coil on neck position in addition to a H on the bridge?

Not a single coil by the neck, itā€™s a split coil in a Jazz housing. Will add punch I imagine.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the best pickup config with MM at the bridge, the HS. Itā€™s not too overwhelming.

I like it, though I didnā€™t pre order one just yet, :rofl:

1 Like

Honestly Iā€™d go HH instead :slight_smile:

Then again I like HH a lot. mileage varies there. Also I donā€™t slap.

1 Like