Bass Scales for Beginners (5 Stupidly Simple Steps)

Getting overwhelmed trying to learn bass scales and actually make music? Sidestep the struggle with this simple step-by-step method.

beginner-bass-scales

If you’re doing the Beginner to Badass course, this lesson would fit after you learn the major scale in Module 7.

Beginner Bass Scales PDF

Even if you’ve completed Beginner to Badass, you’ll still get great mileage out of some of the exercises in this video, especially the ear training with the melodies in the PDF -

I hope this lesson helped you learn bass scales… and didn’t activate your LEGO Acquisition Syndrome too hard. :brick:

17 Likes

Thanks for this video @JoshFossgreen . As always, a lot of fun and informative.

5 Likes

Another great lesson vid on the Utubes

6 Likes

Love it! I like the copy and paste method to go lower, seems that is often missed by beginners (like me) - well done!

Now, I need to go to random.org and I need to find that Lego kit… :grin:

Cheers,
Antonio

6 Likes

This was a really fantastic video @JoshFossgreen that will add a huge building block ( pardon the pun) to my bass repertoire. It was the missing link! Thanks for all your fun and amazing videos as well as your course and this outstanding forum. Bass playing has never been this enjoyable.

4 Likes

Thank you @JoshFossgreen . yet again you make it simple enough that i can actually get it. Well done, sir!

4 Likes

But did you finish the lego bass?

5 Likes

Another great lesson video Josh. Very useful info. Still waiting on the metal bass lines video though! :grinning:

5 Likes

Glowing fretting fingers and that transition with the lego manual… nice.

3 Likes

That was really great. But you Americans calling it Legos :roll_eyes:

Ask the Danes @joergkutter and they’ll tell you as they invented it. Lego is both singular and plural :wink:

6 Likes

True that, @Barney - the only acceptable plural would be lego bricks :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Or “Legos” if you want to communicate with Americans. :crazy_face:

7 Likes

tenor

7 Likes

:crazy_face: :us:

5 Likes