Bass stand recommendations?

I got the gravity G5 too! Awesome rack.

For a solo stand I highly recommend Hercules: Hercules Stands GS402BB Mini Electric Guitar Stand | Sweetwater (I even got 2 of these)

3 Likes

To the OP - I like these a lot too. I actually have a coupe of similar stands made by Ultimate that, I think, at the time were cheaper than Hercules on Amazon. That does not appear to be the case right now, so if I was buying another I’d get this.

I have a 5-guitar stand made by Hercules that is great quality too.

2 Likes

That’s where I’m at too. I sold my extra basses, and just a few days ago sold my electric upright bass (it’s on its way to its new owner). Now, I just have my Yammie BB735 and my guitar reposing on the triple stand. The extra slot can stay empty, I am just focused on honing my skill.

3 Likes

Man, I envy your discipline, and sense of focus, @PamPurrs!! You’re like a monk!! :wink:

5 Likes

LOL I don’t think any monastery would welcome the likes of me into their fold with my steady barrage of cuss words and thirst for beer. I’ve heard some of them have good wine though, so I could adapt I guess. :rofl:

9 Likes

I’m also a big fan of the Hercules stands. Totally recommend them.

4 Likes

Some of the best beer in the world is made by Belgian monks :slight_smile:

12 Likes

My thoughts exactly! I’m afraid they are still very much running all-male operations though :wink:

5 Likes

I have the Hercules also. Like it a lot. Got it on sale so the price wasn’t that bad.

2 Likes

Beat me to it :smiley: Very true!

1 Like

If I was in their midst, they wouldn’t be able to keep up with the demand :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Famous last words, Pam!?! :grin:

Some of that stuff is extremely potent! I once agreed to drink a celebratory Trappiste with a PhD student I just had examined on a warm August afternoon in Brussels, and I almost missed my stop for the airport as I had fallen asleep on the train about an hour after the beer… :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Well, there’s probably some reason that the best stuff is referred to as “spirits”, and I’m sure monks can, therefore, make the very best!

But, getting back to bass stands, I’d have to vote for any of the multiple holder types - once you get more into learning/playing, there’s a good chance you may want to get another, and, then you’ll have to just go stand-shopping again.

4 Likes

I concur! My first stand was a single, and then when I started adding and had to buy more stands, I opted for the triple which works nicely. Now I’m stuck with that original single stand I bought in the beginning.

1 Like

I’ve been using the AmazonBasics A frame stands for my basses. They are reasonably priced and like a lot of AmazonBasics products are built like tanks. (I have an AmazonBasics “Music Stand” that is easily solid enough to work as a PA speaker stand.)

However, I don’t think that this type of stand would work well with basses with offset bodies (Jazz bass), and with 3 basses they are taking up a lot of real estate in my studio.

The Gravity stand referenced above looks good, but is apparently not widely available in the US.

The Hercules GS523B holds 3 basses, is favorably reviewed and is available from all the usual suspects.

What makes this stand especially appealing to me is that expansion yokes are available to convert it to a 4, 5, or even 6 bass stand - great when GAS kicks in. :smiley:

3 Likes

I second this Gravity stand recommendation!