Bass Withdrawal

I’m lying on a bed, locked in a nondescript room, shaking, sweating.

I need a fix.

I need something low…

I Google a dealer, but there’s no one near.

I check Facebook Marketplace. Could I justify it, just for two nights…? I’d hide the evidence. No one would know. But the monkey would know, the monkey knows everything.

I need a fix.

I need something low…

Go one then, how do you deal with the bass craving?

4 Likes

That you, Renton???
:wink:

2 Likes

Download a free drum app. Choose some loops, put in your headphones and work on your timing ie internalizing timing.

Choose 100 bpm and count it out. As you’re doing this turn down the volume but keep counting. Give yourself a few seconds and then turn up the volume. See how you did.

Everyone needs to work in their timing, nobody needs another bass :sunglasses:

8 Likes

That’s a very good idea!

1 Like

I do this sometimes when I’m trying to fall asleep.

Hold your non fretting hand fore arm across your body like a bass neck.

Use your fretting hand to finger the notes on your bass neck/fore arm.

Make the sound of the notes with your mouth as you play.

It will help you internalize the progression and help with your ear as you learn to sing the notes.

3 Likes

There’s a rehab facility “near me” called “the Shed” you can make an appointment and check in to the facility. Open 24hr.

7 Likes

Are you anywhere near Barcelona?! :wink:

3 Likes

(cue Underworld’s “Born Slippy”)

5 Likes

We are just a short plane ride apart, lol.

2 Likes

Got a credit card with some unused balance? Or…call zZounds or AMS and buy on their 0% interest plan. There will always be help provided to the bass needy.

2 Likes

I would not advise this approach if married or in a relationship with a spousal equivalent.

3 Likes

I wish I were in Barcelona. I’ve visited and absolutely love it.

Catalonia is the home of my ancestors.

My great-grandfather came to America from the Costa Dorada in the 1800s, hated New York, moved to New Orleans, married a French woman, moved to Texas, and many coons’ ages later, here I am.

3 Likes

Bonus: I know someone hiring in Barcelona
Bogus: It’s for a company I do not want to work for :rofl:

4 Likes

4 Likes

I’m here for work, so airport - taxi - hotel - office - hotel - office - taxi - airport.

I’ve been around the world this way …. :rofl:

1 Like

Glad you get to travel. I’ve done it for work. But I’m much more grateful when I get to take in the sights between glasses of good wine. :wine_glass:

2 Likes

Take a lesson with this guy - he lives in Barcelona:

2 Likes