BassBuzz App? (Your Input Needed)

Personally, I’d never use an app. There is simply no better experience than using a browser on a PC.

5 Likes

…and an ear training app/course would be interesting.

5 Likes

Yeah. I use apps for lots of things, but for music study and production, it’s a computer all the way.

6 Likes

One thing I hope I don’t have to log in every time I use the app on the phone. Now I have to on my phone but not iPad.

Progress tracking is a must and scales quick button would be great

4 Likes

Not at all. Maybe some of the people using their tablet, but for me it would not have made a difference.

A navigation bar for the lessons to quickly find and jump to the lesson instead of having to return to the index page for lessons

Practice reminder.
My experience with tuners on mobile is that, especially for the E-string, it doesn’t work well enough to actually tune your bass.
Metronome would be nice, too.

2 Likes

I also wouldn’t bother with an app unless it has features that aren’t on the web site. Even then, unless they were features that could only be provided in an app I’d probably just resent them not being on the website.

1 Like

+1

3 Likes

So I was thinking about this more…

A good basic sax instructor, Jay Metcalf (BetterSax) online started something called the ‘studio’ recently. It was his way of providing ‘feedback’ to the students. Each month, a tune is posted and he or his partner go over the song construction, chords, notes and why they are there, etc. Then folks submit videos and they provide breif snippet comments/feedback on improvement, so do the rest of the students.

This would be a good extension in the app. This is a bit of what we do in the 50s100w challenge, but having professional feedback would be valuable for sure. A SIMPLE way to submit a quick video in an app would be awesome.

4 Likes
  1. Yes
  2. The ability to post a video of yourself without needing to host it on some other platform like YouTube etc.
  3. A way to get to all of the YouTube videos Josh has made without having to scroll thru YouTube to find them.
  4. Maybe a Josh bass tip of the week.
2 Likes

Could not agree more. I realize it would be a ton of work, but there would be a line a virtual mile long to sign up for B to B follow-up!

4 Likes

Since I do the lessons with my laptop and decent speakers, I wouldn’t use the app to practice with my phone, but I would still love to have a BassBuzz app if you had some cool features like:

• Achievement badges
  • A progress bar or indicator that shows us how much of the course we’ve completed
  • Goal-setting options with notification reminders (similar to the downloadable 1-month, 3-month, and 6-month sheets that came with the course purchase)
  • Daily Tips & Tricks (some of the tips & tricks you mention in the videos have been so helpful; I’m thinking string muting techniques, remembering to relax, finger placement options for small hands, some theory tips, and many others…)
  • Links to Spotify playlists for bass players
  • And I love the forum integration and metronome ideas
6 Likes

There is the famous post by @eric.kiser which takes care of that!!!

4 Likes

Ooh a good point raised above. Phones and tablets suck for bass frequencies. So open air is not good.

Although I use headphones at times I’m always worrying about Bass in my ears directly etc.

3 Likes

Yeah. I just simply wouldn’t use a mobile device for this. And I am an iOS software developer :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Pam, I’d have changed $ 0.02 to read $2,000,000 ::. I wish I could write nice things like you do. In France, my FAI provides Internet TV with a regular browser, hence I view Josh courses in a comfortable way. BTW, I did not know about ChromeCast. To me, BazzBuzz branding definitely relies on the quality embedded in Josh courses. Considering that the preferences of phone/computer users/bassists are identified by means of algorithm managed keywords, I would say that chances are that an App would certainly bring around a larger number of potential bass lovers. Miaow ::

2 Likes

I would like to see the app and the browser contain a “test” at the end of each module to gauge how much I really understood the concepts that you teach Josh. BTW, really enjoying your teaching style!

2 Likes

Thank thank you everybody for you feedback and ideas!

I hear you loud and clear - I should spend all my time on an app and never put out t-shirts or a followup course. :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

But seriously, this is all super helpful to hear! Will be going over this thread in detail more than once. Thank you forum family!

17 Likes

I like the option. So far I’m on lesson 40, all viewed on my iPhone 12. I do use headphones and a B6 Guitar Headphone Amp Mini Plug Guitar Amplifier Bluetooth to connect headphones and my iPhone.

I’ve gone to my Mac to acquire the “Extras”.

I’ve posted this and other comment via my iPhone.

About me, I’m 68 yrs old just starting to learn the base.

Tool options would be great in an app (including something like a Beat Buddy) I do use an Uber Tuner so would not require a tuner. But I’m sure if tools were included I’d give them a try trusting your decisions to offer them.

An app would be appreciated over having to search for my browser tab or log back in. Would love to have an app that is compatible with the iPhone, a Mac, iPad.

I like the suggestion of a journal.

I appreciate this topic being extended to us for input. Thanks

5 Likes

I agree with the others in that I’d rather see another course to follow B2B and some merch :slight_smile: I would get both in a heartbeat. I wouldn’t use the app because I prefer to do things on the PC with my nice big screen. An iphone screen is much too small IMO :smiley:

4 Likes

To me an app that serves as a practice guide/coach which adapts to progress and integrates with the course would be a useful addition but I would not find an app simply giving access to the current course content of any use.

6 Likes