Bassbuzz Demographics (a poll)

:grin: Heck yeah! What about those of us who don’t act our age?? :rofl: When I’m playing bass, I feel like I’m 22, massive rock-stardom is just steps away, and Josh is my wise, older, more refined teacher, being in his 30s now! :man_superhero: :night_with_stars: :champagne: :stars:

5 Likes

@Mark_D The change that was made is quoted below.

It’s above the poll.

Also, A poll like this is never going to be perfectly accurate. There are about 20 people who post regularly on the message board and there are a lot more than that who have tried the course. The vast majority having never posted anything on the forum. Think of this more as a general survey of the 20-30 people who choose to participate.

8 Likes

32, Canada :canada: (but I also lived in :fr: :uk: :us: ), never played bass before. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Ooh, Asia holding in at 3% of 34 voters… there are ones of me!

10 Likes

You’re special, @howard :smile:

5 Likes

apparently unique!

4 Likes

That too :grin:

4 Likes

Always remember: You are special…just like everyone else…

6 Likes

55 years I’m from Washington State. It didn’t even occur to me to play bass guitar until my husband said, “I think you’d be good at bass!” I said, “You mean you need a living backing track.” I went into the pawn shop with him. It was a late birthday present…it was mystical! I came out a badasswannabe baskateer! That was three weeks ago!

12 Likes

another Asia region guy here - 37 Y.O from Israel :israel:

@howard :clap:

happy to be here and learning Bass!

13 Likes

Welcome! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Woot-woot!:guitar::wave:

5 Likes

Hi asaf welcome aboard.
How long have you been playing, and what bass do you have?

2 Likes

I chose never played bass before even though I had a bass collecting dust for two years. I couldn’t play and it just frustrated me when I picked it up. Now I’m a bass player. A terrible bass player but that is the next step in the progression. Next year I hope to make average level. Because of Josh, I could see progress and have practiced approximately 250 hours since January

13 Likes

@Interstatestan Yep! Josh’s course had made all the difference to my playing as well.

Also, Welcome to the BassBuzz forum. When you have time, join us on the Introduce Yourself! thread.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @asaf! and @Interstatestan!

4 Likes

So… 64 yrs, North America, and new to playing any instrument at all - let alone new to the bass! Love the course.

11 Likes

Welcome aboard @mhmraz55 and thanks for your input . . . :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Man, @Jazzbass19, 70+ respondents now to your poll! That’s a nice sample size.

We like your polls - keep 'em coming!

6 Likes

Thank you, @Vik . . . :slight_smile:

Hopefully this poll will be helpful in planning future courses . . . :+1:

Cheers, Joe

6 Likes