BassBuzz - Josh Fossgreen Band

@JoshFossgreen You’ve introduced so many personas over time with the Bass Buzz lessons, it made me wonder if you might do an advanced lesson featuring…

The Josh Fossgreen Band:

Guitar Josh
Bass Josh
Drummer Josh
Lead Vocals Josh
BGV Josh

It would be such fun!

Ken T.

8 Likes

Don’t forget Bassbot…

6 Likes

For sure! All of Josh’s alter egos could form their own band, with the “real” Josh, on, well, bass :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Huh? Are you suggesting there may actually be a “Real” Josh? Gasp!

6 Likes

I’ve never seen “real” Josh in “real” life. It’s entirely possible he is a BassBot creation.

What sat you, Bassbot?

(@Bassbot fortune)

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @Bassbot display help.

3 Likes

Damnit! That worked in another thread.

2 Likes

I got the inspiration while watching this video, where the guitarist did a song cover playing all the instruments. Then I thought of Josh, thinking he could do a lesson with all his personas. :joy:

2 Likes

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells - 1973.

Some “Heavy Sh1t back in the day…

5 Likes

Total show-off, haha :rofl:

We totally love-hated it when he announced (or had announced?) all those different instruments he was going to play (and in this stiff-upper-lip English accent, no less) :crazy_face:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:. Well I won’t go into any details as to where my head was at back then when listening to that 25+ minute (one full side of an LP) creation… Somewhat genius in a creative sort of way, and yes… he knew it…

5 Likes

And Sybil thought she had problems :slight_smile: Early 70’s
JT

by Flora Rheta Schreiber

2 Likes

Still such an awesome song. I got into it through this cover, which was a club hit in the mid/late '80s. Somewhat similar to the original, with The Exorcist sampled in.

3 Likes

Yea @howard… The only way to get the full version is to purchase his entire album now a days… The original was really cool to listen to though… Especially when you were a bit… (fill in your own term)…

3 Likes

Unsurprisingly the same was true of the cover :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hahaha! Nobody wants to hear that band… Lead Vocals Josh is the worst, can’t sing for s**t but he’s got a huge diva ego. :stuck_out_tongue:

Better band:
Noob Josh on the bass
BASSBOT on the sequencer

They play only Aphex Twin and Squarepusher covers. :robot: :nerd_face:

8 Likes

New trend is gonna become forming a band - with yourself! All your alter egos can play each part. And express themselves fearlessly. Government approved. :joy:

4 Likes

Oh I don’t know, I’ve seen that Bass Party Trick Video that “Young Josh” did – “Awesome” :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

It’s important that we get him to do this – because it’s funny!

Seriously though, I really enjoy the alter persona’s that Josh features – even Bassbot, especially Bassbot!

3 Likes

This guy always irked and amazed me in equal parts (or perhaps, it is envy… one of those deadly sins, I am sure). Not least, because I really would like to be able to play this tune at some point, and I’d be happy to do it on just one of these instruments, haha :crazy_face:

#onemanband

2 Likes