Bassbuzz video player

I’ve had a few lessons these past few weeks that just wouldn’t progress. Most of the time I just call it a day and come back to it at another time.

1 Like

I just checked mine and same thing is happening. Each video at 540p or above will hang up. The time each video hangs varies, but the time within each video is always the same. If M4L1 hangs at 1:18 it will ALWAYS hang at 1:18. And it won’t recover on its own and keep playing (like a buffer issue). It hangs until you manually refresh the page.

This is consistent in Firefox and Chrome browsers. To verify bandwidth I ran a BB video, watched it hang; ran a speedtest, then ran a video immediately after and it hung again. Bandwidth is 247.9 Mbps and speedtest is below (using the exact speedtest Vimeo tells me to use).

This isn’t an emergency… I can see, hear and follow along fine at 360p, but if Josh is paying Vimeo to deliver at 1080p he should be getting a refund for inconsistent service.

3 Likes

I just played a couple videos (the entire fifth section) with the viewer forcibly configured at 1080p (it was set to automatic), and they all played to completion.

There’s somethig fishy in the state of Denmark. :wink:
Which video(s) were you playing, @KenKnight?

2 Likes

Ok, at least I know it’s not just me. What you described is the exact same thing that has always happened to me when I play the video lessons. When I refresh the page and restart the video it stops at the same point again and does not recover. This happens at the same point in the videos no matter what browser I use.

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed info.

Would anyone with the bug be able to test it out in Microsoft Edge browser, please? (Trying to establish if it’s a browser based issue or not)

I’m also wondering if this might help?

2 Likes

I just played Module 4 Lesson 6 Video 1 on Edge and then Chrome for a back to back comparison. It played on both without any buffering throughout.

2 Likes

Thank god for that, I thought it was just me.
I have exactly the same issue and I know it’s not my internet connection.
You wife does her yoga Online and never has the issue.
Maybe something Josh needs to look into

1 Like

Same for me.
It always hooks up at the same spot.
Bloody annoying

1 Like