Bassbuzz video player

What’s up with the Bassbuzz video player? It almost never plays the video all the way through before stopping in an endless buffering mode. This happens no matter what browser I use, IE or Chrome. I have a little better luck on my tablet but it happens on my tablet as well. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

@hogank, not having issues here, sounds more like an internet data overload. In the past I’ve had to limit devices using data to get some videos to stream smoothly.

2 Likes

When that happens, click the Settings icon (the cog icon under the video), and select the lowest quality possible (360p if I remember correctly), and see if that solves the problem.

If it does, the problem is the connection speed somewhere between you and the bassbuzz server that serves up the video.
Theoretically, it could be anywhere.
Is the machine you’re doing the course on on WiFi? You may want to try and use a wired connection (educated guess).

4 Likes

I don’t seem to have any problem here in Norfolk, VA, @hogank

@461 and @peterhuppertz are probably correct, and Peter’s suggestion of dropping the video quality is a good idea for troubleshooting . . . :+1:

Good luck, Joe

1 Like

I tried to reduce the video speed by that didn’t help either.

1 Like

I just checked, and mine is working fine. As the others have stated, this sounds like a bandwidth issue.

2 Likes

I have only had the issue a couple of times, and it was due to my internet cutting out. Netflix, my phone WiFi, my other tablet were all out at the time. I reset the router, and it was fine.

I watch it in Safari on my IPad, with the aux cable into my Zoom B1Four while playing and listening on headphones.

Again, the only trouble time was when the WiF in the condo went out briefly.

1 Like

Yeah, all that happened about a week ago over here, @T_dub . . . :neutral_face: Was out for 14 hours or so . . . I was going NUTS without my internet {lol}

All this Covid-19 crap is causing a severe strain on everything.

Cheers, Joe

1 Like

Hmm, dang.

The video player used to play the lessons is the Vimeo player. The player is downloaded to your computer by BassBuzz if it’s not cached locally yet, but it is executed on your local machine.

Since it runs fine for all of us, we can kind of rule out that it would be a general bug in the video player.
When this happens again, see what happens if you let it just sit there for 30 mins. While it’s sitting there, do something else that uses quite a bit of Internet bandwidth, such as “play a Youtube video” (Youtube uses a different player). If that functions normally, it is not a connectivity problem. In that case, there is something in your system that prevents the Vimeo player from functioning normally… in which case I run out of depth, and you’d have to turn elsewhere for support. :no_mouth:

1 Like

Hey @hogank are these any help?

https://vimeo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015759328-Troubleshoot-video-playback-issues-

Please let me know if you get the issue sorted or if it’s still giving you grief.

Chris

1 Like

right now the internet is so busy. anything done online is slow i mean look at youtube it buffers so much. pick your time and use it wisely 2am less traffic better connection speed make sense. not judging you just giving some advise

2 Likes

I use the 360p trick too… but here’s the weird thing: I can stream Netflix in 4k, Hulu in 4k, YoutubeTV in 4k with no problems. But BazzBuzz (powered by Vimeo I think?) hangs up even at 540p… and no I’m not streaming anything else at all while trying to go through the BassBuzz lessons.

I think the bottleneck has to be on the server feeding us the videos, because no other server seems to have problem pushing data to me.

6 Likes

That’s the issue I’m talking about! I have tried everything but I think the issue is with the player! The reason I say this is because the bassbuzz videos hang up on me at the same spots all the time. This indicates that the issue is with the video player. If it was a connection issue on my end the it would not keep doing it at same time on each video.

1 Like

This was happening to me before the stay at home order from the the local governments. I believe this was happening ever since I joined this site. I just started recently to try to resolve it with bassbuzz though.

I don’t think so because the videos hang up on me at the same times in each video. Like one video will hang up at 2:30 in to the video each time. The exact times they stop varies from video to video (one may stop at 1:30 another 2:25 then another 3:37) but they stop at the same point in each time when I restart the video and do not restart (just keeps hanging). This does not suggest a bandwith issue. When I have tried other browsers it’s the same thing happens at the same time in the videos.

1 Like

I already have done this. Why do the videos consistently stop at the same point in the video if it is a connectivity issue?

I’m thinking it is reading the video data from the buffer, and it stops where the bufered stream runs out of steam.

Delete your cached data and try again?

2 Likes

Still grief, mind you this has been happening ever since I joined this group a couple of years ago. Some videos will play all the way through but some others don’t.

1 Like

I think you need better support than we can give you. I’m not even capable of reproducing your problem…

As a software programmer, I can see how the player would have a debug mode that you can invoke, which will write out a log file of what is happening, allowing the developer to see what giveth… oh wait, look at this troubleshooting article on the Vimeo web site!

2 Likes

Thank you kindly sir!

1 Like