BassBuzzer of the Year award

I want to nominate and acknowledge @John_E

John is definitely a great ambassador. He’s kind, generous, and very knowledgeable.

It has been privilege to call him my friend.

23 Likes

I’d get behind that for sure :slight_smile:

9 Likes

:+1:
Most definitely

9 Likes

His recent efforts have been above and beyond the call of duty, can’t think of a more fitting accolade.

9 Likes

I’m in 100%

8 Likes

Me too,
Great nomination ,
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

While there are too many people here that deserve recognition to list, i am fully behind @John_E being the first recipient of this.

7 Likes

I most certainly don’t disagree with anything that has been said here, but do we really need an award to express our appreciation for what @John_E has done for the community and the forum!?! No doubt, he has gone above and beyond… again… And every forum or group of people needs guys like John who take initiative, take responsibility and drive what everyone would like to do and no-one has the energy to maintain (or even get off the ground).

But…
there is a handful of others who are also always here, make newcomers feel welcome, answer questions, provide support and input, advice and suggestions, or just remember stuff and tie it all together and connect the dots.

I think you all (and I think you know who you are) deserve our appreciation :smile:

15 Likes

Well said, @joergkutter.

7 Likes

I feel the same way lots of everyday members that makes this such a unique environment unlike the other big forums littered with ignorance trolls.

To @terb your love the post your cover and your interactions on your post.

@JerryP the rate you learn the new songs put shame on any youngsters out there.

Personally, I’d like to thank and acknowledge, my posses you know who you are I want to keep it anonymous, @John_E @AnotherJosh @Reasonably_Happy @MikeC @Growl @T_dub @eric.kiser for all your encouragement to GAS more without you all I’d be mostly debt-free, lol.

Just don’t be surprised one day someone reach out to you and ask to sort out my basses, lol.

10 Likes

:rofl:

I’ll keep oogling that Sabre :smiley:

Btw you also have part of this great community, dont forget that.

P.S. Nominating @Barney and @Mike_NL for trolls of the community, you guys made me choke on laughter so many times.

7 Likes

I agree with nominating @John_E for the recipient of the first BassBuzzard of the year award. However, I think honorable achievement award should be nominated as well…@PamPurrs. She was the first to welcome most of us to the forum and the hills she has had to climb this year have been an inspiration. The fact that she recorded covers while sick, still posted while in the hospital, and is basically just an all-around bad ass bass girl makes me think she deserves recognition by the forum.

8 Likes

All you gotta do is ask, Al! :grin:

4 Likes

The correct answer is … no.

I surely do appreciate all the kind words here for certain, however, as you stated there are many here who make this place what it is and keep it that way.
And I don’t think I need an award for doing what you’re supposed to do (unto others), unless of course @Al1885 is awarding me a bass from his shed. Then I’d gladly accept this award on behalf of the entire community (@Al1885 - I am KIDDING). Not. No really, kidding. not

11 Likes

Not really the award I was shooting for, but I’ll take it :rofl:

13 Likes

I agree!

6 Likes

Thank you @EddieJones , but i think @John_E is far more deserving than I.

7 Likes

I’ve been accused of worse, but never by better. :wink:

7 Likes

@John_E is deserving, but you are like the “Mater Familias” of the forum. The Mother figure. You have no idea of the smiles you generate when you welcome a new comer to the forum as you did me.

5 Likes

Yes, I would even pay for my own airfare :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes