Bassline of the month

Right, so we just need to pick a song to cover
A simple one

2 Likes

I feel like this should be connected hereā€¦

4 Likes

I have a suggestion for the Basline of the month for us all to learn.
Message in a bottle by the police

And with the bass removed

Whattaya think?
7 Likes

ā€œRoxanneā€ by the Police from B2B Mod 9 or so was so much fun, so, yeah, ā€œMessage in a Bottleā€ gets my vote!

3 Likes

Maybe @JoshFossgreen could do a quick tutorial on how to play it.
It is not that difficult to be honest. You can play it like Sting or there are loads of ways that you can simplify it so it is suitable for all comers.

3 Likes

Who knew this song was so complex?

I canā€™t help wondering is the writers of songs intended all this when they wrote it or people are just finding meaning in just a nice tune.
Bit of both I suspect with this as all three members of the police are very accomplished musicians butā€¦
Anyway, enjoy.
3 Likes

Nice find, @studio! My guess is he is over-interpreting this just a bitā€¦ That said, Sting is known to use ā€œunusualā€ harmonic ideas in his songs (at least, unusual in the common pop context), and I would wager he made the choices he did here sub-consciously regarding to what feeling he wanted to convey. In that sense, the reviewer here might be on to somethingā€¦

What a great song, though - one of my all-time favorites (within the body of work by The Police only surpassed by ā€œEvery Little Thing She Does Is Magicā€ perhaps).

3 Likes

Isolated Bass?

2 Likes

Here is my first attempt

9 Likes

I would be interested if the tracks were limited to 90-120 seconds. I would participate if the project fit my musical taste, and simply pass if it was outside of my taste. I have the equipment needed, and can upload the finished product to my website.

2 Likes

Very nice, Paul @studio ā€¦ :slight_smile:

(gotta love that logo on your bass, too! :grin: )

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

Right. Whoā€™s next?

1 Like

Very nice @Studio

2 Likes

why not a full song ? donā€™t get it

2 Likes

I agree. But then, why not just post them in the ā€œPost your Coversā€ thread?

1 Like

I agree.

:grin:

2 Likes

Because this thread is meant to encourage other to try a different song each month. The covers thread is different. It is just for posting your individual covers.

1 Like

not sure itā€™s so much different ?

1 Like

Yeah TBH not seeing the difference, other than a monthly theme :slight_smile:

Ok, forget it