Battery needed for Phil Jones Double 4

Hi everyone, I have a Phil Jones Double 4 amp and I would like to power it using an external battery. Would you know of a battery that may work with this? On the Phil Jones website there actually is a video showing him using a battery, however the one he uses is no longer being made. Seems you need a power bank/external battery with the ability to hook up a cable that has a barrel connector that goes into the DC input on the amp. Are these kind of of connections still available? Thanks for any help. Jonathan

1 Like

I don’t know about their stuff specifically. There are others here that have some of their equipment. @John_E might be able to help.

Would something like this work? It has an AC outlet.
https://www.amazon.com/Halo-Portable-Laptop-Charger-Starter/dp/B07FM85W13/ref=asc_df_B07FM85W13/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309803910391&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4327607993453994965&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010844&hvtargid=pla-567505277742&psc=1

I have one for emergency car starts if the battery dies.

I don’t know where you live and when you bought it. At least now in the EU, there is a slightly different version for sale due to (safety?) regulations or standards.

If you want help you should post a picture or at least clarify what version you’ve got.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. The one I had whixh worked before was called the PowerAdd Pilot Pro 2. This one is no longer available, and I looked on their website and I dont see a sumilar product with the DC out. Maybe their is a different company that sells one? I am currently in the US but live in South Africa.

1 Like

Check over at talkbass, many threads on powering amps via batteries over there.