BB Livestream - What Bass Pedals Should You Actually Buy?

OK I have an actual pedal question, @JoshFossgreen - the Flashback has a looper, but you also have a separate Ditto looper. Is that to keep flexibility in how you order your pedals? Being a Gear/Pedal Noob, I know I wouldn’t want to have to think too hard about using multiple features on one pedal just yet.

4 Likes

@JoshFossgreen tried to rewatch the recording and your audio and video are totally out of sync the entire thing, a good few seconds.

1 Like

I keep missing the live stream but I do watch afterwards!
Also, I can’t believe you posted this after learning about GAS. That convinced me I didn’t need anything new!

3 Likes

I was hoping P-Bass Josh would make an appearance.

Cool sweater though! Way to go uncle Josh!

5 Likes

You didn’t happen to have the video playing in two separate tabs, did you? Because, um…that can make it sound like it’s off.

That maybe happened to me during the first livestream. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Delay + Reverb :heart: :heart: :heart:

@JoshFossgreen - great livestream, I actually loved your “technical difficulties” loop :rofl:

One suggestion that I wouldn’t usually give to other streamers, maybe a few more “bass breaks”? You clearly love them, I suspect they are calming and warm-fuzzying, and they do nicely to demonstrate the gear.

Most streamers do way too much of that. You keep it nice and tastefully short, and so could probably safely throw a few more in. But it’s also for your own feels as well. It’s ok to be a little self-indulgent :slight_smile:

5 Likes

no was only one and clearly way off - but this is during the playback now, not last night

Watched it today and had no issues, other than when the sound got staticky (but that happened live as well)…

+1

4 Likes

also +1

4 Likes

hmmm… I wonder what is up

Just went back and it is working fine now.
Weird internet glitchinessess.

6 Likes

I also think more bass breaks would be nice. Additionally, all the transition cards were excellent. Any way to add humor in is good with me!

3 Likes

You’re not the guy screaming p bass in chat the entire time are you? :laughing: :sweat_smile:

Hopefully Josh will break out the P-bass one stream.

4 Likes

Shoulda slapped the PBass. BTW, bthonk (the Pbass slap guy) was in the last livestream yelling the same thing

4 Likes

Ha ha no, but if the guy is calling for PBass he’s gotta be alright! :laughing:

3 Likes

Thanks @John_E , Youtube has been taking forever to process the replay for god knows why, I still can’t get in to trim n cut the glitches and stuff.

@kristine maybe we need a whole Christmas sweaters thread?

I guess I’ll be slapping the P bass next time to avoid more yelling lol!

Thanks @howard for the bass breaks suggestion, I totally meant to do more. One of the many tech challenges I had this time is the levels in my in-ear monitors were way too low, so it was hard not to overpluck, and I couldn’t hear myself enough to enjoy it… oops lol. Next time I’ll get properly setup for happy noodling!

Yeah, I used to run a board where the Flashback was set to do a reverse delay thing for a particular song or two, and I don’t like bending down and twiddling stuff during shows if I don’t have to, so I ran the Ditto on the board elsewhere.

Also those aren’t even the only loopers I own lol, also have a Ditto x4, the looper on the H9, and god knows what else. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

4 Likes

That makes sense - make it as easy as possible with less room for f’ing something up.

My question about not wanting to collect gear was mostly me goofing, but every joke has a kernel of truth. Your response was perfect, because right now I would rather play than spend my time learning the in’s and out’s of a pedal that does seven different things.

So maybe I’ll stick with simpler pedals that mainly do one thing really well.

6 Likes

I think you are onto something here

4 Likes

Thanks, @JoshFossgreen to give me the pedal fever for this Christmas. I still waiting for the compressor that GC has in

backorder

6 Likes

There are so many questions about gear, I went ahead and added a note about this video to the BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide.

BassBuzz Live Streams with Josh Fossgreen

Nothing big but I’m sure someone is going to ask where that pedal reccomendation video went. Mostly it’s just a reminder for anyone looking for it.

5 Likes