BB Livestream - What Bass Pedals Should You Actually Buy?

This is one of those “just cause they can make it, doesn’t mean they should”.

5 Likes

Great shout Howard, when I first saw those I was like “ooh wow so efficient” but then my adult brain kicked in. It’s all about these little dudes for me:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EBSPG10--ebs-pg-10-premium-gold-flat-patch-cable-10cm-angle-angle

(for anyone who didn’t catch it - the photo Howard shared is a bad product because you’ll damage the jack on both pedals every time you step on them. bad bad bad.)

9 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

omg the chat moves so quickly i get motion sickness
(not really but jeez you’re trying to talk and pay attention to the chat and play bass and tap dance - that’s a LOT)

Thanks for answering my question! I now want to buy all three pedals you showed us, plus a chorus! Here’s me in my R2D2 Christmas sweater a few years ago. Anyone else got Christmas Sweaters?

12 Likes

I caught the recorded video earlier today. Very informative. Thanks @JoshFossgreen ! I hope to view the next one live.

5 Likes

I found it to be very helpful and took lots of notes.

5 Likes

Finally some love for the delay. Great livestream :+1:

4 Likes

OK I have an actual pedal question, @JoshFossgreen - the Flashback has a looper, but you also have a separate Ditto looper. Is that to keep flexibility in how you order your pedals? Being a Gear/Pedal Noob, I know I wouldn’t want to have to think too hard about using multiple features on one pedal just yet.

4 Likes

@JoshFossgreen tried to rewatch the recording and your audio and video are totally out of sync the entire thing, a good few seconds.

1 Like

I keep missing the live stream but I do watch afterwards!
Also, I can’t believe you posted this after learning about GAS. That convinced me I didn’t need anything new!

3 Likes

I was hoping P-Bass Josh would make an appearance.

Cool sweater though! Way to go uncle Josh!

5 Likes

You didn’t happen to have the video playing in two separate tabs, did you? Because, um…that can make it sound like it’s off.

That maybe happened to me during the first livestream. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Delay + Reverb :heart: :heart: :heart:

@JoshFossgreen - great livestream, I actually loved your “technical difficulties” loop :rofl:

One suggestion that I wouldn’t usually give to other streamers, maybe a few more “bass breaks”? You clearly love them, I suspect they are calming and warm-fuzzying, and they do nicely to demonstrate the gear.

Most streamers do way too much of that. You keep it nice and tastefully short, and so could probably safely throw a few more in. But it’s also for your own feels as well. It’s ok to be a little self-indulgent :slight_smile:

5 Likes

no was only one and clearly way off - but this is during the playback now, not last night

Watched it today and had no issues, other than when the sound got staticky (but that happened live as well)…

+1

4 Likes

also +1

4 Likes

hmmm… I wonder what is up

Just went back and it is working fine now.
Weird internet glitchinessess.

6 Likes

I also think more bass breaks would be nice. Additionally, all the transition cards were excellent. Any way to add humor in is good with me!

3 Likes

You’re not the guy screaming p bass in chat the entire time are you? :laughing: :sweat_smile:

Hopefully Josh will break out the P-bass one stream.

4 Likes

Shoulda slapped the PBass. BTW, bthonk (the Pbass slap guy) was in the last livestream yelling the same thing

4 Likes