Before/After B2B videos?

Hey forum fam! I’m wondering if anyone would like to share video evidence of their bass skills before and after taking Beginner to Badass.

It would be a cool resource for folks curious about the course, but there’s also a chance I’ll make you Youtube famous and use the clips in an upcoming video (if you consent).

The more contrast between the two, the more useful it would be for my evil purposes. :imp:

Here’s my before video:

(release date April 1st) :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I’m sorry @JoshFossgreen I don’t have a before video, but this is genuinely from zero bass playing (taking the B2B course from day one) to my 12 month point for what it’s worth. Cheers

14 Likes

How to piss off a whole forum …

I wish I would be there after 12 years :wink:

2 Likes

4 Likes

This is my before and after.
The before was after playing for a month. The after is exactly two years later. edit: it was actually three years later. math is hard today.
I started doing the bass buzz course after one year.

A side effect of playing bass is weight gain. When I started playing I completely stopped working out to make more time to play bass. I don’t recommend this, but it’s what happened. :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

My before:….

My after:….

6 Likes

Cool idea Josh, I like it.

I could put together a first cover (recorded shortly after completing B2B) and do the same song now (about a year later), if that would help for your purposes (Another Brick in the Wall part 1 for the first, and this time around I could tackle the Part 1, Happiest Days and Part 2 in one go, or something like that).

4 Likes

That’s really not my intention at all @GGWAW

But what you’re looking at is 2-4 hours a day for 52 weeks; no time off. I appreciate that not everyone has the spare time that I have (but I stopped watching TV and used all that free time for bass)
I reasoned that as I was starting late in life why not just go big and get my head down right from the start. YMMV.

10 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

:trophy: Great job Barney! Ya nailed it.

3 Likes

Lost all my before video to DMCA… (Haven’t finished B2B either TBH) :joy:

3 Likes

These guys?

hh

2 Likes

Tbh I was impressed , not
Pissed off :wink:

Your video gives me even more willingness to progress even if I don’t have the same amount of time available spending too much time into planes

This is inspiring.

What did you do after B2B, just working on songs ?

5 Likes

Yes @GGWAW mainly learning songs and recording them with some additional courses thrown in.

Plus practicing every day with a drum machine to work on my timing.

4 Likes

Super cool idea!
I thought it would be fun to compare my performances of the same song some time apart.
The first one is halfway through B2B, coming back to it after a 3 year hiatus, and the second is 9 months later (which is about 3 months ago).
I played the song “Agitations Tropicales” by the french band L’Imperatrice, which I find super funky (even though I don’t understand a word :laughing:)
You’ll be the judge if there’s any significant improvement LOL :sweat_smile:

Oh yeah, and I’m lefty. :metal:

BTW, here’s the original for reference:

4 Likes