Beginner to Badass Reviews? šŸŽø

Absolutely amazing course. Thank you! Iā€™ve been making electronic music for over 20 years and wanted to add some live bass to my productions. Iā€™m already doing that thanks to this class. Itā€™s helped improve my music all around. I really enjoyed the theory in this class. And Iā€™m loving playing the bass now. Everything was presented clearly and paced very well. A fun and productive class all around. I canā€™t say enough good things about this class. It was fantastic!

10 Likes

Welcome @jpsoulsf!

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @jpsoulsf,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thank you, Josh and the BassBuzz team! The course was amazing and super fun!
My story is quite common. 7 years ago or so I bought a bass, played it for a couple of months, even watched your bass lessons on YouTube andā€¦ quit my bass practice because of some stupid excuses. :sweat_smile:

At the end of 2019, I understood that I really need music in my life, took my bass again, find that awesome bass teacher guy on YouTube, and started it from the beginning. In January 2020 my wife gave me a birthday presentā€“ BassBuzz course and thatā€™s when the real fun began! I followed all of your advice: bass setup, gear, technique stuff, music theory, regular practice, etc and now I can play Tempus Fugit by Yes, Californication by RHCP, almost nailed Whereā€™s my Thing by Rush (80% of speed but Iā€™m on my way to do it) and many other great songs. I even started to compose my own music.

And now, when the course is finished, I will put some effort into music theory. I bought your E-books and playing scales, training my ears. Iā€™m getting more confident in myself every day and thatā€™s a great feeling! :sunglasses:

Thank you once again and I canā€™t wait for the next course from you!

Ivan
Russia, Moscow

12 Likes

Great job on completing the course @Ivan,
The best birthday gift ever Iā€™m suggesting.
And to be able to play any of Chris Squires bass lines is a great effort.
Tempeā€™s fugit ( translates in English to time flys) is a great song.
If you like Yes, you should have a go at ā€œinto the lensā€
Great bass track.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Oh, Iā€™m a big fan of Yes. Iā€™ll put Into the Lens on my ā€œmust playā€ list for sure. Thanks for the advice, Brian and have a nice day!

2 Likes

Hi Ivan,
Another great Chris Squire recording is ā€œthe fishā€, Iā€™m not sure which Yes album it is on, I have it as a live performance on DVD.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Just a friendly reminder.

5 Likes

This course so far has been amazing! I have been off work with longish illness (thankfully all better now) and firing up the bass along with BassBuzz has seen me through some dark times! I have not completed the course yet (currently on module 5) however so far this has been so cool and I canā€™t recommend it more highly. @JoshFossgreen you have bumped Richard Ashcroft (The Verve) off my number 1 spot of musicians I would like to have a pint with.

7 Likes

Hi Andy, @andyroach
welcome aboard,
glad to know your better after your illness.
You must be up to Billie JeanšŸ¤£ that will give the fingers a good workout.
Nice bass you have their.
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @andyroach!

2 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome @andyroach

2 Likes

i havenā€™t finished all of it but iā€™ve been on the one month plan and enjoying the hell out of it. i come from playing tenor sax for 7-8 years? heavily. im 35 now and havenā€™t touched my sax in a long long time. always wanted to play a guitar or bass. i picked up the guitar and hated it. just not my thing. picked up a bass. LOVED IT. your course has added to that. while i hate reading tabs it is nice that you have actual sheet music you can pull up off to the side and i can look at while i play and learn. you actually drill with your lessons too. its just real nice all around. i really love this.

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @gakeffer44,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Welcome to my world @gakeffer44, I hate playing on tab also, itā€™s way too cumbersome. Give me sheet music any time. I see the notes, and my fingers know what to do!

Welcome to the forum as well!

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @gakeffer44!

2 Likes

Welcome @gakeffer44
The course is like a good book, once you start it you canā€™t stop :+1:

3 Likes

I like the humor and the lack of show-offedness ā€¦seems to work for meā€¦too many years as a tour guide and having to entertain while educatingā€¦Josh seems to encourage you rather than whack your fingers with a baton when you screw upā€¦perfect balance of teacher and friendā€¦just wish he made more fun of those people who play the little six string things because they canā€™t play a real instrument IE the bassā€¦:slight_smile:

12 Likes

Hi Josh, I just completed the course today. I started in April 2020 and it took me around 5 months (I did the 3-month schedule and kept it up for majority of the schedule but I kept putting off the lessons at the end because I didnā€™t want it to be over!).

I really enjoyed your teaching style, it was perfect and I learned a lot. I feel like I have a good base (haha) to keep growing my skills as a player and musician in general. Thanks for teaching all the fundamentals that I otherwise would have been scouring YouTube videos for years for and never fully grasping.

If you do release a second course, I will be one of the first to jump onboard!

16 Likes