Beginner to Badass Reviews? 🎸

Welcome and well done. I’m sure @howard or @terb would know how or search the forum Jamie
:guitar: :slightly_smiling_face: :guitar:

2 Likes

if you use Windows, just open the MP3 with Windows Media Player and activate the loop function (the rounded arrow). could not be easier.

5 Likes

@loadpony I’m not sure if this is helpful, but I was having problems loading the mp3 files on the iPad that I use to play the lessons. I ended up importing the files to my Local files in Spotify on my desktop, then made a B2B practice tunes playlist, which I am able to access from all of my devices. I set the song on repeat in Spotify to get the endless loop, which might just be the death of me if I don’t master the slow Billie Jean workout, which I have moved on from but not forgotten, in the next day or two. A bit roundabout, and you need to have Spotify for this solution, but it works for both Windows and ios.

4 Likes

@JimP now that’s a good method, I will need to have a look at that. :laughing:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @loadpony and thanks for the feedback! Great idea about on-page audio.

And thanks everyone else for your feedback/reviews as well!

Quick reminder - I’m trying to keep this thread limited to 100% review, 0% chat, so if y’all can keep side discussions to other threads I’d really appreciate it! It’ll make it easier for people to search this thread.

4 Likes

I had never picked up a bass eight weeks ago and my initial fumblings with you tube were getting me nowhere fast. B2B gave me the structure to build my skills in a fun but well thought out set of lessons. I don’t think there is anything I would change. For me; the music theory was too early in the course but the way it is structured, I just skipped that and went back over it later when I felt ready. And that is one of the strengths of the course.

I feel it has a real niche in getting beginners like me up to speed quickly but with an emphasis on good technique. I didn’t find another course like it. (I did look at Talking Bass and SBL amongst others).

7 Likes

So i finished the B2B course, or did i :thinking: actually i think i just started a journey in to a world of BASS thanks to @JoshFossgreen who within this course really set you of with a really solid foundation, and a quest for wanting more. It has send me down Eartraning lane, over musictheory and in to the land of really hard rhythms. I love that this course takes you in to all types of music instead of just having focus on one. I can now play bass !!
I have a Super Badass Goldstar but it wont stop me !!
I just cant put my bass down :slight_smile:

Thanks BassBuzz

7 Likes

@RolandDehli congratulations. That was quick
:guitar: :slight_smile: :guitar:

4 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Confused by neck graphic in B2B