Confused by neck graphic in B2B

I will break the rule of 100% complete but i have a HUGE issue and a simple fix for it for your upcoming Videos and if you ever want to edit / reshoot your B2B course.

I am at M5 L2 P2, and I really get confused on the way you introduce the notes. The little picture of the neck should, in my opinion be mirrored. This way my brain doesnt get confused if i should go up the neck or down the neck, since my Bass neck and yours are on the same side. Now that might be just me and others dont have an issue with it but you might consider it and do some test Videos with mirrored Josh to see the response of other people.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @ertlro! I agree that graphic could be improved - I think mirroring might confuse more people than it helps, but I will consider the issue for future videos. Thanks!

4 Likes

I agree with @JoshFossgreen on this.

I personally have no problem translating that to my bass. I would have that problem with a mirrored image. I’m used to seeing someone else playing and then repeat that.
Honestly I would have the mirroring problem IF the visual was mirrored, because it would confuse the hell out of me if it’s different than how you are holding the neck.
Completely flipped image would also throw me off.

Sorry @ertlro I understand that you are having problems with it and I’m not against improvement to help you. I just want to make sure the improvement then doesn’t throw off people like me and I’m not sure what the solution for that would be.

4 Likes

Peoples brains work differently I guess.
So far i just use the Chrome Addon “Flip This” to mirror the Video, downside is ofcourse everything is mirrored so you cant read Tabs.
Or i use the simplest solution and skip forward till the Tab is displayed, pause, try it for myself a few times and keep going.
Give it a try, just a suggestion.

3 Likes

Hi @JoshFossgreen @juli0r,
I agree with you to.
I don’t have any issues with the videos.
Cheers Brian

1 Like

That would completely throw my brain in an unrecoverable loop. Please, let’s NOT do this.

3 Likes

Hi @ertlro,
Welcome aboard, I know it’s easier to play along with tabs but I think it is more important to learn to read the music cuz then you can pick up anything transcribed and play it.
I have been trying to play bass for about 25 years and I am Currently on module 13 on b2b and I still had trouble identifying the notes in the last bit of module 12. 15th and 17th frets on the D &G strings.
Maybe I need new glasses, there are to many horizontal lines on the notes​:joy::joy:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Since @JoshFossgreen moved the thread, the body of this post is unnecessary and has been removed
Thanks and have a basstacular day / evening.

4 Likes

Hi @T_dub
Has someone implied something that may offend new people to our group, if so it should be bought to their attention.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

@T_dub I will follow your example and post on this link :rofl:

1 Like

Hey all, I moved this conversation to a new thread to keep the Reviews thread clean.

And @ertlro, you can also try keeping the sheet music / tab PDF handly instead of mirroring the video, it’s available in your Course Extras along with the extended play-alongs and more.

3 Likes