Beginner to Badass Reviews? šŸŽø

Stop messing around with random you tube clips. Just sign up for this course. Josh is a great teacher and has a sense of humour to boot. You are playing along with music and songs from day 1 and the way the course is structured keeps you engaged and builds on your skills. The workouts mean you donā€™t get stuck when things get more challenging. You donā€™t need to read music if you donā€™t want too. There is a 50 song play along in the course extras There is great community on the forum. I wish this course was around in the 70ā€™s

9 Likes

I agree @alexmorrison14 , i would have loved to know of something like this around in the 70ā€™s as well :frowning_face:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Best thing I found and Josh created that has pushed me forward in playing.
I have all praises for you @JoshFossgreen and BassBuzz team.

Looking forward for Badass to Ultra-Badass !

<3 ya

6 Likes

I got involved with music over 60 years ago and have played 6 string since 1972.

4 1/2 years ago I got involved with the ukulele and have started several jam groups since.
Why the uke you may ask
1 - Size
2 - The Baritone uke has the same tuning as the highest 4 strings on a guitar (DGBE) so same chords I already know, with two less strings and fingers to worry about.
These were the main draws.

Not sure how it happened but around Christmas of 2020 I discovered that the Bass, in standard tuning, is tuned the same as the lowest 4 strings on a regular guitar, only one octave lower ie. EADG.
Then I stumbled upon the BassBuzz website.

I joined the the forum and decided to get a Bass and amp.
I ordered a Bass and Bass amp.

When I received my Bass and amp I signed up for the Beginner to Badass course.
After a week or so I decided that it was too primary for me.
I did not need to know about the parts of the Bass, learn the fretboard or learn basic theory as these I already knew this from all my years with a six string.

I felt bad about it but contacted Josh and explained my situation to him and he agreed that B2B was not really for me and he refunded all my money.
I will take his next level course when/if it becomes available.

Now this is one thing I do not see mentioned enough about B2B.
Josh has a money back guarantee and I know he honors it quickly.
So anybody sitting on the fence wondering if B2B is for them I say get off the fence because you have nothing to lose and you will not find anything better.

**B2B is the ONLY course for new Bass players that have no knowledge of music that I have ever seen that has O bad reviews, and there is NO better online teacher, or in person for that matter, for Bass than Josh.**IMHO

With all of the knowledge I already have in music it amazes me how much I have learned from the Forum that pertains exclusively to the Bass. For instance who would have thought you should not use a regular guitar amp for Bass and that some pedals used on a six string may not work that well for Bass, primarily because of the lower frequencies involved.
My headstock tuner is an example and so I purchased an inline.

Again The BassBuzz website and B2B course are the ONLY site and course that I have NEVER seen a negative review on and that says something.

In summary, if you are new to Bass, join the BassBuzz website (Itā€™s free) and get involved on the Forum and if you have a Bass get the Beginner to Badass (B2B) course.

15 Likes

Very well said @Celticstar,
Agree with everything you said about B2B , itā€™s a great course and has a great community :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Without a doubt, 5 out of 5 stars! If you are looking for a place to start playing bass, you should stop looking and join BassBuzz. You could not get a better teacher than Josh Fossgreen.
I wrapped up the Beginner-to-Badass course on 04/12/2021 and I started the course 02/02/2021. I learned more in those 2 months than Iā€™ve ever learned about an instrument! Iā€™ve been playing guitar since I was in 7th grade / 14 years old, Iā€™m 46 now. Iā€™ve taken lessons from guitar teachers and taught myself quite a bit over the years but Iā€™ve never been overly satisfied with my progress as a guitarist. I always thought that was because Iā€™m too hard on myself and somewhere along the line convinced myself I couldnā€™t get better. Iā€™ve wanted to play bass for so long but I didnā€™t want to get frustrated with my progress and end up shelving the bass like I had with my guitars several times over the years. So, when I finally decided I was going to go for it I wanted to make sure I found a way to learn that I would feel good about.
I feel so incredibly fortunate to have found Josh Fossgreenā€™s lessons. Josh, if you read this I want you to know that you have a gift. I mean, you are clearly an EXCEEDINGLY gifted bassist but you are also an amazing teacher! In taking the B2B course I realized that my problem with guitar hasnā€™t been all my fault. I just never found someone who could teach like you do. I donā€™t know what it is, but everything you said thru the lessons got thru to me and I found myself learning every single time I sat down and practiced with you at the helm. I looked forward to practice every day and sometimes I couldnā€™t wait so I would come home for lunch and spend the hour playing bass. What a great feeling! I just canā€™t thank you enough for taking the time to make this course, taking the time to make it understandable, and most of all making it fun to learn this awesome instrument!! I am so excited for volume 2! In the meantime, Iā€™m going to keep practicing and Iā€™m also going to learn the first 50. I have a list of other songs I want to learn too and now I know how to go about that!
One other thing before I go. Josh, I hope you take the time to look back and see all the lives youā€™ve changed for the better. You deserve to feel good about the work youā€™ve done. So, thanks for an awesome course and for sharing your gifts to help us learn what we love!

Sincerely,
Joshua K.

17 Likes

Ah, where to begin? :thinking: Ah, I knowā€¦the beginning! :crazy_face:
I am going to try to keep this reply specific to the ā€œfeedback,ā€ but have to say this, when I started, I did not know a Bridge from a Headstock, let alone how to play the Bass Guitar. Now I can play full songs, and am truly in love with playing the Bass.

The Positives (I know I will forget many): The value for the money paid is VERY fair, honestly, the cost is below what it could be in my opinion now that I have completed it. The program is very well laid out, and you start making music on Day 1. @JoshFossgreenā€™s teaching style is very patient (even though these are virtual lessons!). He reminds you of things you need to remember and follows the ā€œKISSā€ method, i.e. he ā€œkeeps it simple sweetheart.ā€ Different styles of music are learned and played. Music theory is taught in a manner that is easily digestible. Progress is exponentially achieved as a Bassist during the journey. Lastly, while not specific to the course, it is a VERY positive benefitā€¦the BassBuzz Community freakin rocks!! I so much appreciate all of you, your encouragement, and feel like we are forever linked together because of this virtual experience.

The Constructive Feedback (only two that I can think of): 1. For visual people/learners, it would be much easier to see the fretboard markers (dots, inlays, whatever) vs. the bare fretboard of the Peavey Cirrus used in the videos. Would have been easier if the Bass used in the lessons was different and had those markers. As I mentioned in the comments section of at least one of the lessons, there were several lessons (some even later on as in Module 16) that took me longer to learn because I could not figure out what fret (note) was being played. 2. Throwing Bille Jean at us so early on was EVIL. LoL

In closing, as @JoshFossgreen suggested in one of the last Master Classes, thinking about how far I have come, leads me to say, ā€œItā€™s a Perfect 10ā€ for Beginner to Badass!! Thanks @JoshFossgreen and BassBuzz team for all your efforts, as they made for a very positive experience.

17 Likes

Amazing course! I canā€™t thank you enough Josh for sharing this with the world. I have always loved bass guitar and played for a while 20 years ago. Now at almost 40 I took it up again and I wish Iā€™d had this course back then but better late than never. When I signed up I was hoping Iā€™d get some teachings on technique (which was sorely lacking with my previous self-study!) and ideas about how to jam with other musicians . I definitely got that but I got so much more too. Even though Iā€™ve also played piano and have some music theory knowledge this course actually made theory so much more real and useful to me. Iā€™ve had some massive AH HA moments! The pack of songs to learn and the amazing ideas of how to now practice and get the most out the course for a long time to come is also super useful. I canā€™t believe how much I have learned in 2 months and that I can now play full songs that Iā€™ve been wanting to learn for years and years by breaking things down into bite-sized pieces and knowing the technique I need to work on to achieve. Even learning some slap, and working out some bass lines by ear AND improvising and creating bass lines too! - it has been an incredible journey.

I looked forward to sitting and practicing every day for the couple of months I was doing this course. I do a fair amount of online study and this is up there as possibly my favourite with outstanding teaching and materials. I hope thereā€™ll be a part 2 one day as I am definitely in. I highly recommend this course to anyone learning bassā€¦ or actually anyone with an interest in music and rhythm and access to a bass guitar should just do it! Thanks so much again. Definitely a 5/5 from me. Much love Em :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Congratulations on finishing the course @emilyroseyoga

2 Likes

Congrats @emilyroseyoga on finishing the course! Lots more resources and direction here a bunch of us have/are taking to continue learning and navigating a ā€œpost-Joshā€ world (donā€™t worry he still lurks here!).

5 Likes

Congratulations @emilyroseyoga !

3 Likes

Congratulations @emilyroseyoga ,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

This is an absolutely fantastic course that has been created by you and your team. You kept it informative, entertaining, motivating and fun which makes all the difference. Your skill as bass player is only surpassed by your ability as an instructor. You kept to the KISS principle, challenged me but didnā€™t overwhelm me. My only suggestion would be on the tabs, besides the fret # maybe also the corresponding note. Might help with learning to read what your playing, which is what I was trying to do. Canā€™t wait till the next course, Iā€™m sure itā€™s going to be fantastic anda blast. Iā€™m definitely in!!!

Tony J

15 Likes

Congrats @emilyroseyoga

3 Likes

Congrats @kc10b747fe

2 Likes

Congrats on finishing, first off. Second ā€“ We had a forum discussion on Yousician last week, and as I recall, the songs having the chord progression displayed on the bar as you play. You might check that out as you continue on your journey.

4 Likes

Congratulations @kc10b747fe

2 Likes

Congratulations @kc10b747fe ,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Review post for new graduates to post reviews in ONLY.
Please refrain refrain from any comments, even ones of praise and celebration.
There is a thread specifically for this, @JoshFossgreen, can you split these to that thread

5 Likes

Hey @T_dub , thanks for the help, I am just rolling with the unstoppable well wishers for now, may do a deep clean of this thread in the future if it gets unwieldy though!

8 Likes