Best home amp/cab setup money can buy?

I love the Zoom multieffects boxes :slight_smile:

I has a B1on and a B3n. Both great.

2 Likes

Yeah I can understand that. I loved my Big Muff to death.

Then again, for me, sometimes the VMT is just the thing. I like using it lightly to get that Darkglass bass and mids thing going:

That’s actually the NeuralDSP plugin but it sounds exactly like a real VMT.

6 Likes

I love the SVT sound and RATM specifically as well. I was able to get that tone on the DAW so that made me happy. I also have a zoom B3n pedal (which I love) and the SVT sim is not bad on it.

That Fender sounds interesting. 800 watts is more than enough!

1 Like

Yeah. Forgot to mention that. Thing is loud and clean. I practice with it mostly at volume between 0-1. I think its enough to play with a live drummer. We will see.

1 Like

It will be more than enough for a live drummer and several guitarist with full rigs!

3 Likes

That’s a great tone!

1 Like

sounds excellent @howard !

1 Like

oh yes it will be enough. with my last band I used a 250w Ampeg combo and it has always been way more than enough. I don’t think I’ve ever put the master louder than 3 or 4. Honestly I don’t know who can ever need 800w.

1 Like

General rule is bass wattage should be 10 times more than guitar wattage. However I played on a 300 watt 115 combo and it cut with 100 watt guitar amps (that weren’t turned up all the way). EQ mitigates most of it. The bassist should EQ to the acoustic drums (the drummer saying when he can hear the bass clearly) and then the guitars EQ to the bass and drums, then the vocals to that.

That said my rumble 40 was completely drowned out by guitar with their big amps.

Also, Cabs play a roll too. A 410 will push more air than a 210…so there is that factor too. A 300 watt SVT through an 810 cab is LOUD!!! Even more than a higher watt amp through smaller cabs.

Finally what wattage accomplishes is tone at volume. You can keep your tone at louder volumes with more wattage without it ODing or losing its quality.

2 Likes

I always said 2 times, that’s not really equivalent :sweat_smile:

but yeah, the number of watts is not at all the only parameter that makes an amp more or less loud. I really think that searching for a lot of power is a mistake, or a least a wrong approach.

1 Like

300+ Watts and a 410 is More than enough for anyone in any setting, save for a giant concert or something. I kinda want to set up my Kustom now…poor thing hasn’t got any play time in a while!

1 Like

Yeah, I wish they had an amp that was in between the Fender Studio 40 and the Fender Stage 800. That would be ideal. I think they missed a trick there personally.

They have a 100,200, or 300 or something too right? I don’t really keep an eye out on Fender much other than when I browse my Sweetwater catalog, so I’m not up to speed, but thought I saw a whole line.

Not in the high-end modelling amp range. Just the Studio 40 or the Stage 800. But yes, the have other types of amps that are different watts.

1 Like

Oh crazy. I’m not familiar with the Stage at all, but it sounds interesting from the description here. Never thought of the amps having sims built into them!

1 Like

Shut the front door!

If I am following, the 800 and the 40 studio you can model all these other amps via the amp, and not a DAW? Sounds like a really cool idea. I agree with a lower post that there should be an option in between, which would be really appealing. I need to go research these.

2 Likes

They have a 100, 200, and 500 watt in the Rumble combo series . . .

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

Indeed. My Rumble sounds like and Ampeg. Of course you can do the same with a Helix or NeuralDSP + amps + cabs, but he simplicity and convenience was a big seller for me.

I also agree that a model between the 40 and 800 would be ideal.

1 Like

Playing is sloppy, so forgive that, just demoing what a Rumble 40 can do with zoom pedal with SVT sim.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1azPVgZUbRMUHeljOD_LqGaSYl5oE2oPL/view?usp=drivesdk

2 Likes

They both sound good, @kerushlow . . . but I think I like the first one more? :thinking:

1 Like