Best home amp/cab setup money can buy?

Yeah that’s possible, that’s just the bass with no effects other than amp EQ

1 Like

I like that treble tone . . . so the SVT sim seems to mask it slightly and warm it up.

Did I get that right?

Cheers
Joe

1 Like

There are settings on the amp sim (same knobs/switches that are on an SVT amp) so I was going for the Rage tone…also the phone mic probably doesn’t pic up the nuance of low frequency well…

1 Like

@joergkutter found this amp. It’s definitely what I would buy if I were looking now. It would be a perfectly clean power stage with parametric tone controls you can set anywhere you want.

There’s no problem being overpowered at home. The master level control works fine for turning that down. This type of amp won’t sound worse at low levels.

Having 800 Watts can give more flexibility with cabinet choices. An 8 ohm cabinet only draws half the available power in the amp. So, that makes it a only a 400 Watt amp in a single cabinet rig. If you someday want to run 2 types of cabinets in parallel you will get 400 Watts on each 8 Ohm cabinet and no worries driving the 4 ohm total load.

I get the tube sound from the preamp with the Effectrode Blackbird. The EBS valve drive is similar or you can put whatever digital amp sim you want instead. The Bergatino amp is transparent flat so it won’t have any amp color of its own to mess with your amp sim.

https://bergantino.com/bamp-bass-amplifier/

2 Likes

Bergantino is nice!

2 Likes

Oh boy, $430 for that preamp though…but you could get it into any amp. My Kustom is the same type of amp like the Bergantino you described, very clean and neutral

1 Like

that is amazing on such a little pedal!

Too many options!

It really is a great pedal, also has 90 effects and a built in looper and drum machine. As a practice tool…unbeatable

This is the “money can buy” thread!

4 Likes

True, my cheapassness just had a seizure is all lol. I bet those are real good!

2 Likes

I hadn’t seen these before. That looks very cool. I see the current models have the 12ax7 tube pre-amp built in, so that is a particularly good deal.

1 Like

Yeah, they are really good. Mine is discontinued but has been called the “holy grail” of bass amps.

1 Like

I tried to get some info online about the different amps you can simulate but they all only show things like bassman, etc. How do you get it to sound like an SVT or Marshall etc? Do they not really call it out directly and sort of hide it under a generic name? The info on the tone app is terrible and you can’t see what’s in it without being connected to an amp.

1 Like

It can plug into the computer to get other downloads, but comes stick with An SVT, a Bassman 100, an SWR sm400 an Aguilar tone hammer 750 and a Trace Elliot 400, with all the matching cabs.

1 Like

Is you are referring to the Rumble 800 the SVT amp is called Rockin Peg. Most of them are fenders but you will see Marshall Orangr and more. On the app and amp the settings depend on the amp. So the SVT options have the usual Ampeg settings like ultraLo, ultrahi etc.

I cqn provide screen shots if interested

Other ampegs are the FlipTop and MicroVR

1 Like

Ok got it.

Do the 40 and the 800 have all the same amp sims or does the 800 have “more”?

1 Like

They have the same. The diff is power output and number of speakers. 2 vs 1 10” speaker

Edit: the 40 does not include the footswitch either.

1 Like

Got it! Thank you!

So is it completely insane to buy the 800 for home use? The reason I ask is I’d hate to spend 1/2 the money and then one day actually want to play out, flip side is having to play at very very low volume on the 800 and never using it for the full potential it is.

NYC Guitar Center has them both so may zip in for a test run

2 Likes

It’s not crazy to use at home. Has volume setting and headphone jack. Chances are you just won’t crank it, but if you ever needed to it’s there.

1 Like

well, I mean… seriously - unless you live in a concrete bunker with a mosh pit, an 800W bass amp is going to be extreme overkill by any measure.

The question is - is that a bad thing? :slight_smile:

3 Likes