Better Bass Tone with “The Producer Switch” (costs $0)

its FREE, just like the title says. :rofl:

2 Likes

I aint buying it (pun intended).

3 Likes

Yeaaaaah, dude. Yes. YES!!
Congrats!!!

6 Likes

Thanks @JoshFossgreen I will implement immediately. Embarrassing question time : I am subscribed to BassBuzz on YouTube and obviously am a Beginner to BadAss alum, but I never saw this video until @GanglyCloth referenced it in his Bad Moon Rising post. Why did I not see it?

PS - This might explain why my “pluck” is harder or at least comes through on video that way, and will hopefully help me with my recording of Bad Moon Rising for the #50-songs-challenge which I have re-done multiple times and yet to post (1. Because I keep messing up the string crossing / 8th notes & 2. I have not felt like I was getting the same tone as the CCR recording in which the Bass is there for sure but you can barely hear it).

4 Likes

@JDDaniel Glad I could help spread the word. If you never want to miss a video your best bet is probably to make sure your subscription is set to “All”. After subscribing, click the bell icon to manage notifications.

5 Likes

10-4. Just checked and I got it in my YouTube notifications, I think I was thinking it would have been posted here on BassBuzz. Thanks again.

3 Likes

Hey @JDDaniel! I do post every YT video here in the forum, but you might not get an actual notification, unless you ‘follow’ me. (just click on my avatar, then click Follow)

I also ping this channel in our Discord when I post videos (with the link to the Forum thread as well), if that works better - BassBuzz

4 Likes

Buy a Sire M7, it has ALL the switches :smiley:

3 Likes

Such a cool video, really liked this one! Producer switch is legendary :smiley:

Also, really really like that reggae line too. I’m going to see if the band fancy doing a funky reggae track!

4 Likes

That’s really cool Josh. Congratulations! :sunglasses: :+1:

Added Better Bass Tone (Works With Any Bass) to Module 6 on the BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide.

6 Likes

thanks Eric

3 Likes

Done! Thanks for the tip. I’ve logged onto Discord but am not on it often. Need to look into it more and see if it is an app I can find useful. I know @JT and others have mentioned it.

5 Likes

@sshoihet

Just like Chick Norris, then*

*How many push-ups can Chuck Norris do? All of them!

3 Likes

when chuck norris does a pushup he doesnt he doesn’t lift himself up, he pushes the earth down! :smiley:

5 Likes

Can we ask what has happened to your “Stock Squier” bass Josh? Am I seeing two stacked pots and a selection switch between the pickup knobs? Have you added a pre-amp? Are the pick ups still passive? What does the tone knob do now? So many questions…

6 Likes

Wow, I hadn’t noticed. Looks like it, doesn’t it?

3 Likes

Here’s a close up…

3 Likes

hmm, stacked pots, or reflection? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is getting dangerously close to stalking @leonard :wink:

5 Likes

knob stalking

5 Likes