Bi-amping - without two amps

Hmm, they actually sound pretty similar to me - different levels are making a big difference there. Would like to hear both in the same video.

1 Like

Yes could be setups but I’ve denied a lot of hollow bodies and I feel like I hear something in one of two camps. Could be and probably is all in my head, but I’m running with it.

1 Like

I get worried about the increased fragility of a hollowbody in this house. Kids have a tendency to cause accidents, so the less fragile the better. I love the way they sound though.

1 Like

Well, another update on the Italia.
While still awaiting the boat with the mystery Mondials on it (same version or ‘newer, cheaper made version’, TBD) I kept Googling around for them. But I started paging through every result for pages and pages into the search. Finally today one come up deep on a google search (webiste peeps, SEO is your friend, know how to work it) at a small shop in CA. So, I followed the ‘bird in the hand is worth two on a boat at sea’ and now officially have one coming…but in black vs. white, which is just fine with me!

Cancelled order with the little shop over the bridge, maybe next time.

And in a nice little lining up of the universe…I had spotted a Bassbone Tonebone that @Gio reco’ed above on Talkbass in the classifieds used but basically new, still under warranty. Well, what a coinsidence that Talkbass comes backonline today as well, so nabbed that and saved over $100 on it. Woot woot for today!

3 Likes

Let me know what you think!
They’re great, versatile pedals. Hope it works for you!

2 Likes

I have heard they are amazing for upright peizo pickups, so I guess that means I have to start looking for one of those… :woozy_face:

2 Likes

@howard

So some serendipity…
As I am loading the Italia bass in the car to drive to FedEx for return, I get a Reverb alert for a used/mint Gretsch G5123B.

You know what happened next.

2 Likes

Fantastic! I am really curious to hear how you like it.

2 Likes