Black Metal Sound

I am trying to figure out what pedals I would need to get that Orion (Behemoth) sound with out breaking the bank. Any of you have suggestions?

1 Like

After a quick Google, it looks like he uses a Darkglass B7K and Aguillar Agro Overdrive. There are some cheap B7K clones out there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, but he has the high dollar stuff. I was wondering if anyone had some less expensive ideas. I prefer not to spend that much, well my wife prefers I do not spend that much.

1 Like

Check out Demonfx. (and paging @terb to the black metal department)

3 Likes

Thanks, I will check it out.

And Behringer do a cheap Bass Overdrive, the BOD400, along with a few compressor options. I’ve no personal experience of them though. (there are a few rock and metal riff sound samples in the link)
Behringer BOD400 – Thomann Ireland

1 Like

I have this pedal and I’m currently using it for my next cover :grin: even if it’s far from black metal. The D7K Ultra can do a lot of things, really. Very impressive. I’d even say it’s one of my favorites pedals for bass.

2 Likes

I easily believe that because the B7K is phenomenal. That DemonFX is probably a killer buy.

1 Like

If I remember, I payed around 100€ for it. Hard to say how close to the B7K it is, but it’s most probably an exact clone. At least it can easily sound very Darkglass, and the controls are very efficient and extremely useable and intuitive. Despite the number of pots, it’s really easy to sculpt your tone.

Also it is more a preamp than an overdrive really, but it works perfectly well in front of another preamp.

1 Like