Bluetooth and Midi Controller Problems With Reaper DAW

I did! I snagged a gently used one on Reverb for $102.50. It’ll make a nice little toy, and who knows, I may become interested in playing keyboards down the track.

1 Like

I disagree and think of it as another tool but in no way a toy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I guess it depends on what your goals and desires are. At the moment all I want to do is learn songs by ear and create basslines that I can play. If an external piano keyboard such as this works better for identifying tones than the piano app on my computer, than it becomes a tool. Otherwise, it’s just something for me to noodle around with in my spare time. I realize, of course, your uses of it are way different than mine, and I can see why you would refer to it as a tool.

1 Like

I’m a fan of Synthogy Ivory.

1 Like

How does that work? Do you just install it on the computer and it works with whatever piano keyboard device you plugged in?

For me Synthogy is the gold standard of realistic sampled piano. I also like the sound of Keyscape. It has a greater variety of keyboards in addition to strict piano.

Exactly

1 Like

This particular one is pricey for just getting piano sounds. This is for someone who goes nuts wanting it to be as similar to a real piano as possible.

2 Likes

I wonder if the one I just purchased on Reverb comes with some basic software… I hope so.

If you need one the Piano One plugin is very well liked once they get the download site back up and running.

Or maybe this one . . .

1 Like

Thanks for the information.
Yeh, the Piano One download site is still down. Been waiting all week and they say it will be up and running today but…not yet :roll_eyes:

I’m downloading the DSK Grand as I write this.
Thanks for the link :+1:

1 Like

Some have standalone apps, some don’t, but all will work as DAW plugins and you add it as a virtual instrument track in the DAW.

3 Likes

The Piano One download site is now back in operation :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Your link takes me to their site, but I don’t see a link on there to download Piano One… :thinking:

You have to subscribe to their newsletter. :slightly_smiling_face:
Look at the bottom of the page with this message.

Please subscribe to our newsletter and you will receive a downloading link Email

1 Like

Ah yes, I guess I should have read the small print.

Thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome.

You might want to watch this Kenny Gioia video re. Piano One.

1 Like