Boss GT-1000 - Help please!

Hi friends,
A friend of mine adviced me to buy the Boss GT-1000 for it’s supposed to be rad. It is, surely, but after I took a long time to install the driver on my computer - not so easy sincerely- now I don’t know how to set up special features. Is anybody can help me please? I can pay a skype lesson for an hour or two, no problem, but I feel like I have a treasure box I can’t open.
Thanks a lot dudes,

Daniel

2 Likes

Specifically, what special features you need to setup?

1 Like

First, I need to apply a button to a special effect, secondly I’d like to make special patches for songs I play (lamp amplifier, compressor, fuzz…) to use it in concert. I’ve tried éany videos on you tube but they’re definitely not clear (or I’m a real nerd wich is completely posssible!).

Is that clear?

Thanks a lot,

Daniel

2 Likes

@Huckfine I haven’t seen anyone talk about having a GT-1000 on the BassBuzz forum. Try checking out talkbass.com. It is a much larger forum for everything bass. There is probably someone there that can answer all your questions. Also, try giving Boss customer service a call.

That has not come up for me using the Roland GR-55. When I have something specific on my GR-55 I’d just email Roland, I just spent over a grand they pretty much let me know how to assign anything to any buttons.

1 Like

This video should cover the assignment of buttons to effects in the chain:

You can either use each button for an off/on toggle for one of the effects in the chain or switch one effect on, another off with one button, there are many possibilities.

For creating patches, you can either do it on the device, or do it with the Boss Tone Studio. For the beginning, it might be a good idea to stick with one way to get the hang of it.

This video goes into some interesting functions (on the smaller CORE, but it should all be applicable to the bigger brother):

3 Likes

I’ll take a look, thanks a lot Eric.

1 Like

Great, thanks a lot. I’ve seen the first video and I really don’t find it very clear. I’ll check the second one. Thanks again.
Daniel

1 Like