"Bridge" between pickups?

What is that thing merging the two pickups on Tim Commerford’s bass?

I’m too old and slow to see it properly but I would imagine it would be a ramp.


It looks like it, but it does not cover the body, it only “bridges” the two pickups. I had never seen a ramp like that, so I thought it might be something else, but a ramp makes indeed sense.

It looks like a variation of a zero-mod


Agree 100%

1 Like

It’s just a thumb rest. Not exactly my cup of tea, I love Ramp a lot more. Although, Tim has it low enough to be awesome. Check this out.

1 Like