Buildiing a pedal board

Thanks Howard, will certainly play around with the octaver position before nailing everything down

3 Likes

@chris6 here is a Great guide that should help you with that…

3 Likes

I’ve just discovered the octave pedal works much better before distortion as well as @howard.

@chris6, how did you make out? Pics? I am in the process of changing up / finishing (haha, for now) my pedalboard, awaiting several back ordered items.

+1 to this. Pitch pedals before effects.

1 Like

I have a harmonist Boss pedal, so should this go prior to distortion as well?

Yes, it would seem so :wink:
There’s a good schematic about this over in this thread:

2 Likes

Lol Krescht I was about to paste it here :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m more the cross-referencing type of person :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Not so sure about this one. I never had a harmonist pedal. People say first unless you want it glitchy.

By the way, I’m gonna blame you for me ordering the Ripply Fall pedal @Paul :grin:
Had seen it before in the 2020 pedal review by Julia but you made me go back to it and have a more detailed look :wink:

1 Like

It’s so weird as I thought I had it right, looked at a zillion images of trains.
Oh well, this makes sense. No idea why I thought it was the other way.

Back to ripping velcro.

Haha nice @Krescht you did order the bass one I hope? I bet you gonna love it. Hands down one of the best chorus/vibrato I have found for bass plus you can combine it with the phaser. If you have an expression pedal you can play with the speed or depth of your chorus/vibrato. JAM pedals are awesome.

Been eyeballing that delay lama for some time too…

1 Like

I wonder why they have the looper before the delay/reverb. I guess it is to apply to the loops vs. apply all effects to your loops. I see both ways being useful.

1 Like

I also see a lot of Delay after Reverb vs. this way. I guess again its what you are after in sound as either would work.

There is not really a right or wrong way. Some ppl us compressors at end. For example I use my tuner at the end. It all depends on what you want and that makes it more fun to experiment with.

Someone else said this about harmonist pedals: “It depends whether you’re using it for harmonies or Whammy/pitch-shifting stuff. Harmonies will sound better after dirt, pitch-shifting before dirt.”

1 Like

No expression pedal yet. I try to keep it simple right now. Two hands is enough of a challenge :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ah, then I have it in the right place!

2 Likes

Hi all, just got my 1st pedal board complete after Christmas !

DI pedal on the way

Here is the initial set-up. I arranged the pedals based on the few videos that I have seen

It seems I got it right (or main stream should I say)

Looking forward to trying it !

4 Likes

I’m still trying to figure this pedal shit out. I don’t have any yet since I only started a few months ago but it seems confusing lol.

1 Like

Sound goes in one side, comes out the other, after each one changes it depending on the effect, in order :slight_smile:

But yeah. Loooooots of combinations there. And lots of different effects to learn. It’s a rabbit hole.

2 Likes