Building Up Endurance Songs?

This came up in my subscription feed today. Nope :slight_smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y676_hpb5cY

2 Likes

For videogame music? I’m not! I like a lot of it but a whole lot of it is super fast, I don’t actually practice it. Would be a good source for serious bass workouts though.

In terms of my favorite games for soundtracks I would go back and forth between the Wipeout series (all really excellent techno/electronica soundtrack-wise) and some of the more atmospheric stuff done by people like Jesper Kyd (not so hot for bass workouts but still awesome.)

2 Likes

Talk about building up endurance…I have started talkingbass.net’s slap course.
It is like entirely different finger muscles are being used and I am wearing out very quickly.
Trying to be very mindful to keep everything relaxed and not tense, but it aint easy.

It’s like I am starting all over again learning how to play and building endurance.
eeeesh.

4 Likes

That ain’t Lobster? Who’s this Dale guy? Does he have a channel? He looks like he can play it in his sleep! Lol

3 Likes

Honestly it’s the plucking hand endurance that is the hard part. At least for me.

4 Likes

Lobster collaborated with this guy, this guy plays a song with tabs every Tuesday, it just gives out an extra video a week.

He has done some cool songs, all with tabs on screen, and downloadable.

2 Likes

Try playing the end of Iron Man.
URG, if I could get it, I would have done the cover already.
I am thinking I may need to start a 3 finger pluck for it, but then it throws the timing off on some of the notes that get thrown in during the step down.

2 Likes

Nice topic. It has been one year since my bass journey started and…
Besides white wedding, these are mine grind finger songs :slight_smile:

• A flock of seagulls - I ran so far away
  • The strokes - Reptilia (downstroke with pick, but i still play it like a regular bass song)
  • Bajaga - Ti se ljubis (this is from ex Yugoslavia, very tiring)
  • QOTSA - Go with the flow (sometimes, but it is a mess for me)
  • Mick Jagger - God gave me everything (not that hard, maybe a good one to start building endurance if you are beginner)
  • Bernard Lavallier - Traffic (french song)
  • Radnicka kontrola - Dosada (cool song from ex Yugoslavia), very good for left hand as well
  • CCR - Fortunate son (not that hard, but nice)
  • New young pony club - The optimist

Thats it :slight_smile:

4 Likes