Building Up Endurance Songs?

I couldn’t care less about hair. And I couldn’t care less about any woman that deems hair on a guy important. It’s a natural thing. I had hair before the pandemic with a giant bald spot in the middle and my wife kept saying “you pull it off” which was total crap. When the pandemic hit I bought clippers and that was that. If you see hair on my head it’s because I’ve been lazy or too busy playing bass and sax. I’d prefer if it all fell out.

I also started growing the goatee when the pandemic started. I’ve found anything that covers a long portion of my face is a plus. Added bonus is my wife hates it hahahaahaha. I just tell people I’m making an upside down face.

6 Likes

It is nice to not have to brush or comb hair too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The elimination of bed head for 7:30am Zoom calls give back some precious minutes of sleep….hahahahaha. Camera ready out of bed indeed!!!

5 Likes

Well done. I’ve been rocking the shaved head/goatee look for close to 30 years now. It’s a good look :slight_smile:

We used to call it the Avery Brooks look, back when few people did it. Since then it’s kind of become super common.

3 Likes

Yes, and shame on you for that :crazy_face:

4 Likes

No you are not, I can’t stand even 20 seconds of listening to that song. There is no way I would ever want to play it, let alone record myself playing it.

5 Likes

Oooh, sacrilege!

• in Darth Vader voice: “I find your lack of Hysteria disturbing” :grin:
6 Likes

My old mate from the military commented on his own receding hairline. He said (in a beautiful Irish accent) “Yes I’m washing a lot more face these days”.

3 Likes

Is their a minimum length for a song to qualify as an endurance piece? :thinking:

“White Rabbit” qualifies in my book, notwithstanding the sub-three-minute length .

3 Likes

@JT Really useful. There are 60 odd pages of exercises including warm ups, dexterity and coordination (individual and finger combinations, cross string and string skipping), strength and control (hammer ons and pull offs), endurance and stamina (scales, licks, blues and speed), scale sequences, arpeggios and hand techniques and ‘finger gym’ workouts. There is an appendix of scales and appergio shapes. There are downloadable audio files although I haven’t looked at those. Author is Simon Pratt and its £9.99 on Amazon.

2 Likes

Amazon says I bought this 8 years ago. :slightly_smiling_face:

Probably have it lying around the house. Don’t remember using it. O don’t even remember playing bass 8 years ago. Must have only been for a few months.

3 Likes

I have taken to checking my orders and looking around the music room and storage room nearby before ordering things. I too find I actually own things I am thinking about buying from time to time.

No hair, no memory….as least we have bass.

4 Likes

@howard, that is not how I pictured you at all… not even close. I envisioned you with a head full of hearty, jet black hair and clean shaven.
You never post pictures or videos of yourself playing, so we don’t know what you look like.

2 Likes

Ha, I thought @T_dub looked like his profile pic!

2 Likes

Hah! That was definitely me in my college days, when I still had hair. Kind of went for a look like Jim Reid from Jesus and Mary Chain, both hair and dress.

These days I’m just another old-looking west coast guy, shaved head and van dyke beard, it’s becoming like a uniform for 50-something bald dudes at this point :slight_smile:

But I have been doing it since I started balding at 23, so at least I have that. It was not so common back then.

2 Likes

You don’t happen to have a source for that, do you? One of the ones I hope to learn “someday”…

2 Likes

It’s in the 50 first songs Course Extras

3 Likes

Hah you never learned the “roll the pingpong ball between the z and x keys” trick :wink:

1 Like

Haven’t looked that far ahead - thanks!

1 Like

What songs are you playing?

2 Likes