Call the Paramedics ! We have a bass down!

Thanks for the info @lespaul1963. I delivered the Jaco to Jon Shubb in Melbourne on Friday. Being such an experienced luthier, he took a quick look and said “easy fix, no problem” so I now have great confidence that all will be fine and my Jaco will be saved. Also, I found what happened to it… The crappy generic case it was stored in didn’t have a high enough neck support for the headstock angle. Something heavy must have been placed on it when I moved house and SNAP…the rest is history. I should get it back this week. I’ll post pictures of the result. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

That’s good that you figured out what happened, @russki98 . . . not knowing WHY something occurred can be very vexing. :neutral_face:

Great news that it’s in the shop and can be repaired!

Cheers, Joe

4 Likes

@Jazzbass19
not knowing WHY something occurred can be very vexing. :neutral_face:

Yes Joe, you are so very right, also knowing what happened prevents it from happening again. Thanks mate.

3 Likes

He is in my thoughts for a speedy recovery

3 Likes

Painful! Comes to show that a good premium case is worth its money for high value guitars.

4 Likes

UPDATE !!! I think I’m going to have to send my wallet to the ICU next!!! A set of low tension flatwound strings in an extra long scale look like costing $190. and they are not even in the country so have to be special order. ETA late Jan - early Feb . OUCH !!! Never mind, we must recover the Jaco at any cost !

4 Likes

The good news is they will last, like, forever :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good news ! I picked up my Jaco from the luthier this afternoon. The repair is great. The setup is perfect and it’s shiny and it sounds amazing. For any of you guys in Melbourne, Australia,(@Mac, @TNKA36) if you are in need of repairs, mods or even just a professional setup, I can’t recommend Jon from Jon Shub Guitars highly enough. He’s a great guy, his workmanship is brilliant and the price very affordable. Big smiles and big loud growly slides at my place tonight…sorry kids, get back to sleep!! Before and after shots…

12 Likes

That’s great news, @russki98 ! . . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

4 Likes

Cheers Joe, I’m really rapt to have it back and sounding awesome.

4 Likes

Also, if anyone is interested in really beautiful custom/one off guitars or basses, this is the website of the guy who fixed my bass https://shubguitars.com.au/

3 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes

That’s a great repair :+1:
I’ll certainly be adding him to my address book .
Thanks for the heads up

2 Likes

Looks like new Russ @russki98👍
Very nice,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

yep :ok_hand:

3 Likes