So I got this idea for a small game, since I accumulated few basses, blind test basses to see who can guess better by sound.
With bane of all beginner bassists, Billie Jean.
Basses used (blurred if you want to try it by heart):
- Player Series Mustang (PJ), Alder body, Pau Ferro fretboard
- Squier CV 70s Jazz (JJ), Poplar body, Maple fretboard
- Squier Affinity Precision (PJ), Poplar body, Indian Laurel fretboard
- Ray4 with Aguilar AG4M (H), Basswood body, Jatoba fretboard
I’ve created 7 samples (4 basses, 7 samples, wut), but remember some basses have dual pickups, but I wont spoil on which ones I was switching.
I’ve also added comments with numberings so you can navigate easier.
It was recorded directly through DI, so no modulations of any kind, pure bass sound is what you get.
Try to answer in format.
1. This bass 2. That bass 3. Not a bass
And which one sounded the best?
All basses use roundwounds strings.
I’ll edit this post in a couple of days with correct answer.
P.S. Would it be better if I turned this into 7 polls?