Cerakote

I was talking to someone and he showed me the picture of his strandberg* 8 string guitar, all of the components and screw are flat white. He said he sent it out to get cerakoting. Hmmm! looks so cool on a bass. I’ve only seen them on firearms.

Anyone experienced with this. A little research I did point to C series so there’s no need to oven cure the parts. I’m interested I have a green theme project coming, :rofl:

1 Like

Just watch out for any tolerance issues if any parts need to mesh together or rub against any other part. Cerakote is just a coating, similar in many respects to paint. It will add a layer to the exterior of whatever you apply it to.

3 Likes

And it tends to go on a bit thicker than your average rattle can.

2 Likes

Thanks guys.

One thing I probably don’t have to worry about is durability. This bridge and tuners will see far less rubbing than my cerakote pistols. :joy:

This is the inspiration it was a stormtrooper white

1 Like

The cerakote is cool, but how does he like the strandberg?

2 Likes

He said he doesn’t really play guitars but man that’s an 8 string beast. I love mine and like him I don’t really play guitars but this is an awesome strats knockoff lol

2 Likes

I have a lot of strandberg bass curiosity so I’m looking for reviews from people who have lived with them. I know guitar isn’t exactly the same, but it’s pretty close.

2 Likes

Well they are very ergonomic. The Boden neck has no curves at the back of the neck only flat angles and it guides your thumb in the “correct” position.

I love the Guitars because I don’t have a lot of preferences when it comes to guitars. That said, I’m pretty particular about how the bass interact with me. I don’t like to play with the neck so high. I like it nearly flat. It’s of course not the “correct” position to hold and play the bass.

strandberg* designs their instruments to sit perfectly in the most ergonomically to your body posture so you can practice and play 10-14 hours a day without injuries. :rofl: It’s just not a cool looking position for me. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I Cerakote firearms. I’ve done a few metal cups and tumblers. You could pretty much do anything metal as long as you prep it right. It needs to be sandblasted with a finer than normal medium. I’ve even done some polymer frames, they just have to be cured at a lower temp for a longer time. I’ve used the air cure stuff once on some External Jeep parts but I haven’t installed them yet. I used the air cure because the regular series didn’t hold up well in the sun. The air cure has better UV properties. I use a stand up electric smoker to cure my parts. I’ve actually thought about doing some chrome bridges as a color. I just do it for fun, nothing professional.

1 Like