Changing my name…

Hello!!!
For reasons I don’t need to explain, I sold my StingRay 5. It was my only bass. I still wanted a bass to thump around in my office at my house, so I bought a burgundy Epiphone Embassy.
It reminds me of my very first bass I learned on in 1976……a red Epiphone ET-280.
I don’t play in a group anymore and going back to a 4-string is all I need to keep playing my jazz standards………albeit to an audience of no one, but gives me peace and happiness.
It arrives from Sweetwater tomorrow.
So, how do I change my name to “Johnny Embassy”???

3 Likes

Johnny_Phone

2 Likes

Click on your icon at the top right of the forum page, select Preferences, then click on the pencil icon to edit your username.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Ta Da!!! I am now Johnny Embassy! Hahaha!

3 Likes

Who were you? Lol.

Now I gotta know ha ha.

2 Likes

I was “Johnny StingRay”………

3 Likes

Oh lol. That why.

2 Likes

Johnny_Sold_The_StingRay

5 Likes

To cover all basses, you could be Johnny_Bass (like Johnny_Guitar, but better!). :wink:

Edited to add: I meant to type “bases,” but my subconscious took over.

3 Likes

John_E_Phone would be a good moniker transition as it would honor the original name and incorporate the new Epiphone nicely.

2 Likes

Mighty_Power_Wombat has a ring to it, or maybe FujiBat

1 Like

The Embassy is here, but “leave in the box for 24 hours to acclimate to the new environment”!!!

1 Like

This^^^

1 Like

Channeling Andy Kaufman; “Here he is to save the day! Mighty Wombat is on the way!”

1 Like

2 Likes

Better be something bassy inside there or I will be disappointed

2 Likes

Dude, I woulda had that thing ripped open before you could say “Fragile.”

With all of my basses, unless the box was freezing cold to the touch, I opened it right away. Never a problem.

1 Like

But…………it must be an Italian bass, so I have to wait to catch up to Italy’s time zone!!! Hahaha!

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just very long spaghetti in that box!

1 Like