Chugging along with YouTube videos

Apart from Harry, Samboat is great too and has new content every couple of days. Doesn’t have full music notation, but has tabs with note durations. Also has nice organized playlists, though some of the “Easy” songs still have tricky bits. And he’s quite funny with his antics in some of the videos.

There are others too, but I mostly use Harry and Samboat if I’m doing playalong tab videos.

2 Likes

I use YouTube videos. Practicing is practicing, and everything I’ve head and seen says practicing is the key to getting good.
The channel I really like for this is yonit speigelman.

1 Like

I got this pedal directly from Vidami. Set it up for my wife to follow along her video piano lessons. Works like a charm after the web extensions are installed for the various compatible websites.
To my chagrin, Bassbuzz.com is not one of the website extensions…

I wonder if anyone on the forum from Bassbuzz could reply. Is it a possibility that bass buzz could be a compatible website???
Thanks
jm

1 Like

According to the specs, it should be compatible with Vimeo.com. I always thought the Bassbuzz video lessons are Vimeo based as well. Are you sure it doesn’t work? Is there maybe a way to run the device in “Vimeo mode” for the Bassbuzz videos?

YouTube and this site, simply copy the URL from the browser window you’re watching YouTube from and paste into the site.

Loop sections and set speed :sunglasses:

Also, check out @chris_van_hoven channel. He’s created some awesome play along tracks and I’m finally playing some Metallica on bass as a result :metal::metal::metal:

1 Like

You just earned three more wishes for play along tracks, my friend :slight_smile:
Thank you!!!

EDIT it might be better to use this link as an entry point, as my youtube channel contains some kayak and professional stuff too, that is totally boring for the average bass player!

This is where you should start:

2 Likes

Subscribed

1 Like

Nooo, don’t subscribe! Some say that those videos s#ck, make you play worse and are generally evil - think “The Ring” :slight_smile:

The videos don’t suck, it’s just some of the machine transcriptions that do :slight_smile:

1 Like

But still, they are evil ^^

:metal: :imp: :metal:

1 Like

I like videos like this one:

2 Likes

I kind of like what our own bassBuzzer @alex_b does on his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@BassCoversWithTabs/videos

It’s in many repects much better than my channel!

1 Like

First thing I saw was a Sonic Youth song.

raw

1 Like

Are they not called “Sonic Geriatric” by now? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have you heard Kim Gordon’s new album. Pretty spry still for a 70 year old.

That’s a BB user? I just noticed that I was using his video to learn a New Order song a few weeks ago (In a Lonely Place).

1 Like

Ah. Will do now!

1 Like

If you mean this video, then yeah, it’s me:

In A Lonely Place – New Order – Bass cover with tabs (youtube.com)

2 Likes

Well, they don’t exist as a band anymore, so youth forever:) And as other users noted here, Kim’s new record sounds modern, pretty 'youthful".

2 Likes