List of play-along songs with synchronised tabs on Youtube

Hello my friends!

I created some YouTube videos for various BassBuzzers to play along.
It shows the tabs in realtime, synched with the original song and with a Rocksmith-like 3d animated view additionally.
Currently, there are about 20 videos in the playlist and it’s growing.

If anyone wants videos created for their own pleasure, don’t hesitate to ask in this thread.

I will create those videos, providing:

• I don’t totally hate it
  • I have time left to do it (as long as the weather s#cks here, I am free to do stuff. As soon as the sun is shining, you will find me on my bike or in my kayak instead).
  • I can find it on https://ignition4.customsforge.com/ (There are currently 69,469 free songs, so that should work out most of the time).
  • Or: I (or you) have it as a Rocksmith track.
  • Or: You (or I) can provide a good Guitar Pro score or MIDI with a matching audio file.

I will post any new play-along video in this thread. Hopefully, other BassBuzzers will also post similar tracks, so this does not become my day job!

Note: when things are complicated & I’m lazy, I will create a “Go PlayAlong” created Video instead of Tonelib Jam. That will show “only” realtime synched tabs, not the 3d mode. Still, it’s very helpful!

Just FYI, you can use this software to create/play tabs synched to audio yourself:

• ToneLib Jam: a no-brainer if you own Rocksmith, have some tracks already and/or are willing to download from https://ignition4.customsforge.com/. If you create your own synched tracks with Tonelib, you must synch manually, which s#cks!
  • GoPlayalong: very cool as this synches automatically and does this decent enough for practicing. You need the audio file and a very good Guitar Pro score though, for it to work.
  • Guitar Pro: the gold standard. The newest version can also synch audio to tabs, but it’s manual and I think it s#cks too. I use it mainly to change down 1 or 1/2 step tuning to Drop D, as this fits with my Hipshot Bass Extender.

PS Sometimes I add an “optimized” version. This is either optimized manually (ie to match Josh tabs) or done with Guitar Pro’s “Automatic Finger Positioning” - which can be hit&miss.

Addendum 1

In case we cannot find tabs, you can always ask @alex_b. For sure he create it!

Otherwise there is a more complicated procedure, which I personally hated:

So the process is:

• Create a bass track with Moises
  • Create a MIDI or MusicXML from the Moises bass track with AnthemScore
  • Edit the MIDI with Guitar Pro - mainly removing unnecessary notes and “beautify”. That can be a lengthy process, especially if you don’t know what you’re doing (= that would be me ^^).

I’d rather give my money to @Alex_B, cause I know it will be perfect

12 Likes

Song: Billie Jean
Artist: Michael Jackson
Tuning: standard EADG

4 Likes

Song: Doll Parts
Artist: Hole

3 Likes

Song: Tainted Love / Where Did Our Love Go
Artist: Soft Cell

3 Likes

Song: Zombie
Artist: The Cranberries

3 Likes

Song: Papa’s Got a Brand New Bag
Artist: James Brown

3 Likes

Song: Release
Artist: Pearl Jam

3 Likes

Song: Ava Adore
Artist: Smashing Pumpkins
Tuning: Drop D

3 Likes

Song: Angry Chair
Artist: Alice in Chains

3 Likes

Song: Come On Over
Artist: Royal Blood

3 Likes

Song: Christine
Artist: Siouxsie and the Banshees

3 Likes

Song: Hey
Artist: Pixies

Original tab:

“Optimized” version:

2 Likes

Song: Heavy Metal
ARtist: Sammy Hagar

2 Likes

Song: Sugar We’re Goin Down
Artist: Fall Out Boy

3 Likes

Song: Whores (Live From Vive Latino, MX/2011) LIVE
Artis: Janes Addiction

I had some trouble, finding out which audio fits, so I created two versions…

3 Likes

Song: Save Your Love
Artist: Great White

2 Likes

Song: Familiar Taste of Poison
Artist: Halestorm
Tuning: CGCF

2 Likes

That’s really awesome! I love it.

And the fact that BJ kicked things off triggered me a bit, lol. Still hate that cruel lady.

1 Like

Yeah, if time & personal dictator allows it, I will try to create videos for all B2B songs.
But Billie Jean was the most discussed, so there you are ^^

1 Like

Good stuff…Thx

1 Like