What song are you currently/next "working on"?

Wow, you totally bass-hero’d it. Thanks!

2 Likes

For non-Dutch: nothing to see here :slight_smile:

Hey Eelke,

ik heb net ook “Nederwiet” van Doe Maar online gezet. Misschien ook leuk om te spelen??!

1 Like

Ik zag het ja. Leuk! Die gaat ook op de lijst :smiley:

1 Like

Als je nog moeite met bepaalde tracks hebt - tell me! Ik heb net een beetje tijd en kan nog een paar videos maken…

1 Like

Als je hier een filmpje van zou kunnen maken; heel graag. Alvast bedankt!

1 Like

Ja, grappig - ik woon in Hamburg. Misschien kan ik direct naar de tabs vragen??! :slight_smile:

Helaas vind ik geen Guitar Pro tabs, MIDI of Rocksmith files voor die track. Dat is dus ECHT exotisch!!!
Als je de tabs hebt, kan ik een video maken. Als niet en je wil ECHT de tabs voor die track – vraag @Alex_b. Hij is een expert!

PS Dit zijn der “regels” voor de videos: Play-along songs with synchronised tabs on Youtube

Blondie-in the flesh. Here i go with the low fruit again…

2 Likes

Cool. Gary Valentine was underrated, that was their only album he played bass on. Had an ok solo career after that.

2 Likes

Black Sabbath – In To the Void

It has such a recognizable lick.

2 Likes

Working on Sir Duke, by Stevie Wonder. I have most of it down at lower speed, but it’s the groove of the baseline that’s the real challenge. Those syncopated ghost notes are tricky to nail, but they add so much flavour.

2 Likes

Maybe this will help?

2 Likes

That’s awesome mate, will check it out. Cheers

1 Like

Been out of the game a bit, but I’ve got a couple I’m working on:

• Flowers, by Miley Cirus. Really fun bassline.
  • Come On, Eileen, by Dexy’s Midnight Runners. Again, fun bassline.
  • I Can’t Tell You Why, by The Eagles. Because… The Eagles, duh. And I wanted something kinda slow and meaningful in my repertoire.
4 Likes

The bass line is so good it’s transformed my initial strong dislike of this song. The tiktok/reel/short every other video on the Internet having the hook as background music really turned me off of it until I started playing bass.

3 Likes

I love that flowers bassline. It’s just fun to play. And the come on Ellen song has been a goal for a long time. I can do it relatively ok, but i don’t have an acoustic, so it don’t sound real good. Nice choices!

2 Likes

OK, so I did as the forum said and reached out to other musicians. Now I have to learn these two before tuesday. Drop D, but that is all I know. :slight_smile:
Domestic Disturbance - Lydian | Lyric Video 2021 (youtube.com)
Domestic Disturbance - Self Titled, 2020 (youtube.com)

4 Likes

:joy:

Here goes the weekend :rofl:

4 Likes

and then some:-)

4 Likes

Was listening to music and heard this song last night and couldn’t help but pick the bass up and learn it.

Are You In - Incubus

Basically got the whole thing down but definitely some cleaning and perfecting still to do.

The next project will probably be

Creatures (For A While) - 311

I’ve only been playing bass for a couple of weeks so this one might take a little bit for the harder parts

3 Likes

David bowie-China girl.
What a great line. I can only do it at 90% right now. But I’ll get there. It’s a little difficult to stay relaxed enough to play through all of it mistake free. So I’ll keep plugging away at it, i can hear its there

2 Likes