List of play-along songs with synchronised tabs on Youtube

Since you’ve enlightened me to Tonelib and Ignition4 I’ve been gobbling up songs, playing along and having the best time. Thanks for the additional youtube content. Just subscribed.

2 Likes

Cool! If you have any issues - just ask me!

Personally (except for creating my own ToneLib tracks), the best discovery was converting many tracks with down 1 or 1/2 step tunings to Drop D, using Guitar Pro, and play those with my Hipshot Bass Extender without the need for retuning.

It makes my playlist so much more interesting (it’s EADG and Drop D now), and I don’t have to interrupt my flow by fumbling pegs all the times…

2 Likes

I’m sure a hipshot extender is in my future soon. Last night I was experimenting with detuning and played Chevelle - Evening with El Diablo in B F# B E. It was a little clanky but that just added to the tone and I thought it sounded pretty good. I was surprised my standard 4 string could handle tuning that low.

1 Like

Yeah!

Well, I haven’t tested how low my long scale goes - D was the lowest!
But I was very surprised that I could go to Drop D with my tiny Blackstar. It’s kind of cool what comes out of such a tiny instrument!!!

PS Chevelle is cool! Never heared about them before, thanks! I guess, I need to go lower too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love Chevelle, been listening to them since I was in high school. They’re good live too. I used to think I needed a 5 string to play a lot of their songs but now that I know I can get down to B I’ll be able to tackle more of their tunes. It’s great chugging practice.

1 Like

Man, I was totally satisfied with sticking to standard tuning and Drop D. Now this whole tuning orgy starts again ^^

1 Like

PS Ah, I just discovered that my playing capabilities are far below what is necessary for Chevelle. I stick in my happy fluffy EADG/Drop D world for now!

3 Likes

You might surprise yourself.

1 Like

Slither - Velvet Revolver

1 Like

I assume, what you meant to say is: “I could only find the paid version on https://ignition4.customsforge.com/ - do you have the Rocksmith/Steam version or is the another way to create the video?” :slight_smile:

So, I don’t have the Rocksmith/Steam version, but I do have about 4 different Guitar Pro tabs and the corresponding audio track.

Here is the GoPlayalong version that autosynched GP5 and the song.

I haven’t checked it, as it is really not my kind of music. If sounds OK to you and you need the Tonelib version too, I will create that later…

Have fun and please give some feedback it it worked out!

PS I always recommend to buy Rocksmith 2014 (it’s cheap) and purchase the original track (it’s worth it), as the Rocksmith tabs are done very well. Likely, much better than my autosynchs…

2 Likes

This will do nicely, thank you sir!

1 Like

So, while looking for tabs for “Pretty Songs” from Bob Vylan, I found this YouTube channel:

There are many cool videos with realtime tabs, so check it out!

Alex sems to be a nice guy, creates great tabs and plays cool bass covers.
Also he is from Ukraine, and I quote "Please, keep in mind that I’m in Ukraine, and sometimes we have power outages here due to Russian missile strikes, in which case I’m not able to get online for several hours, so there may be a delay. "
It doesn’t get more real than this :frowning:

He has a Patreon Account where you can download his tabs, so there is an easy way to support Ukraine without sending weapons…

This is it:

1 Like

Song: Out Of Control
Artist: She Wants Revenge
Tuning: standard EADG

1 Like

Song: Suck
Artist: Nine Inch Nails
Tuning: Drop D

1 Like

Song: Piggy
Artist: Nine Inch Nails
Tuning: Standard EADG

1 Like

Song: Groove is in the Heart
Artist: Deee Lite

Thanks @sunDOG for reminding me about this track in another thread. I spent many nights dancing to that one in the 90s and remember having a nice chat with Lady Miss Kier when she did a very cool DJ-set with Nicolette, one unforgettable night in the Malkasten/Düsseldorf/Germany.

4 Likes

Song: Empty
Artist: Garbage
Tuning: Drop D

Song: Pretty Songs
Artist: Bob Vylan

Tonelib Jam video:

@Alex_B video:

Groove is great fun to play!

Unfortunately, I can’t play it at the moment as I have a blister on one of my plucking fingers and I can’t play it with a plectrum! :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah-yeah! Cheap excuses :slight_smile:
I look forward to that - but I’d rather see you play the Bob Vylan track in this thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes