Post your covers! (2024)

Nice cover! I think you’ll find that folks here are super supportive. Don’t be shy! :smiley:

1 Like

Key to the Highway - Derek and the Dominos

I’ve been away for a while, but it doesn’t mean I haven’t been working on some new songs. Should have a few posts over the next few weeks

11 Likes

not that I’m a big fan of blues anymore (I overdosed it somewhat :sweat_smile: ) but yeah that’s cool, your progress is very noticeable @401Blues , you’re more tight considering the rhythmic placement compared to your previous covers. You’re definitly in the right path.

:v::grin:

2 Likes

@terb …it’s funny i have been recording myself playing this song all along as I learned it and I played it near perfect a number of times… but it always sounded a bit mechanical. After watching my robot versions this morning I decided to really play it aggressively, pluck the strings as hard as I could, really got my head into it and the rhythm of the song.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s how you learn ! the idea is not to pluck as hard as you can, but more to put something organic into the bass line. You’re not far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You might like this thread!

2 Likes

This has been a travel weekend for me, and now I have time to catch up on all the great covers over the past few days.

@sunDOG - Another great cover and great video although you’ve got to a better job of hiding that Marshall stack because I saw it in a couple of frames. :wink:

@cheeze_pizza - I like this song, very well done and great tone.

@BillBass - One of my all time favorites, bass came through perfectly on this one.

@komikino - Excellent first video. Keep putting them out there.

@401Blues - Can’t go wrong with Clapton! Very well done.

6 Likes

Thanks Jerry!

1 Like

Rick Dees and His Cast of Idiots - Disco Duck (1976) bass cover

13 Likes

Johnny Paycheck - Take This Job and Shove It (1977) bass cover

11 Likes

Thanks @JerryP!

1 Like

Great playing as usual. Those disco octaves were smoother than an ironed shirt. I’m messing around with “Funkytown” by Lipps Inc. right now so I’m gaining a greater appreciation for the technique. I’m using it to build up my endurance because I can feel the burn pumpin’ out those octaves. Keep crushin’ it.

1 Like

Very nice double header Justin!

1 Like

That’s fun, @Justin3

2 Likes

That’s pretty dang good! I love this type of blues jamming! I hope to get there one of these days! Thanks for the inspiration! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Jerry

1 Like

Thanks man

1 Like

ABBA, but not as you know it :wink:

Ash - Does Your Mother Know?

Super-fun to play!

Dingwall Combustion into GarageBand, via Hotone Ampero One for distorted bass tone.

Video by my daughter.

9 Likes

Nice job. Cool take on Abba. I like the alternative sound. Also, top shelf camera work per usual.

2 Likes

we have a thread for compositions :slight_smile:

Post your original songs/compositions!

1 Like