Clip-on Tuners

Kudos, then, because “strobe-o-stuff” is a perfect name for it!

3 Likes

to be honest I have no idea why there are two rows of strob-o-stuff on these tuners (I get the reason on the mechanical ones)
seems unecessary since they both move together all the time.

1 Like

I actually saw the top row move independently of the bottom row ONCE last night. The 8-bit pixels on top moved over one spot as compared to the 8-bit pixels on the bottom.

I thought I did something right. Or wrong. Hard to tell with no user manual. :smiley:

2 Likes
5 Likes

OMG. You’re my hero!

4 Likes

I have had some bad luck in the past with tuners, so this lovely forum advised me to try a Korg (which I couldn’t find) and this wonderful TC clip-on. I’m very happy with it, it catches the sound of my deepest string and is very accurate.
I am not a pro, just an eternal beginner but I couldn’t recommend it more.

7 Likes

36 euros plus shipping!
Meanwhile in Australia $160 to $308 :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I just bought a used TC Electronics UniTune Clip Tuner as recommended by Josh.

Bought it as a back up to my Helix in case it ever plays up on me. Inexpensive and tunes very fast.

5 Likes

I have an older Fender clip on that seems to be just as good as my in-line Korg.

4 Likes

Glad to hear it works for you. I have several Snark tuners that work just fine for everything except my basses. For that I have in line tuners and the Peterson android strobe app.

I often wondered why Basses and Electric Guitars are not available with onboard tuners. At least not that I have ever seen. YMMV

Most of my acoustic instruments have built in tuners and they save a lot of set up time. :+1:

2 Likes

Gibson had the Gforce tuners.

2 Likes

Were these on a Bass or electric guitar?

Guitar only as far as I’m aware, but I could be wrong.

They were a bit more than a simple tuner. You strummed the strings and motorised tuning heads adjusted the string tension to achieve the desired tuning.

3 Likes

Now that’s different. A bit weird but different.
I wonder if neck dive was an issue :rofl:

Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Posted this in the Discord chat, but now that I see this thread it’s worth mentioning. If your headstock is uncoated, do not leave your clip on tuner on. My Fender Tuner left round stains on my Glarry bass from the oils in the rubber I guess. Not a big deal on a Glarry, but not ideal.

12 Likes

Just a heads up - The same can happen if you leave a capo on the headstock.
I have several Shubb capos and on their website they mention not leaving it on the headstock for this very reason. :+1:

7 Likes

Wild!
When I bought guitar stands, I made sure to get ones that were nitro safe, because you never know.

3 Likes

Apparently built in tuners are not too uncommon on acoustics?!

I might be up for an onboard bass pre-amp with a great big old backlit needle tuner - just for fun.
boss_chromatic_tuner_tu15_1647335999_e0fa4ccc_progressive

2 Likes

The string swing folks have the usual disclaimer about nitro, etc…
I just made some ‘sleeves’ out of old, black, 100% cotton shirts.
I do wonder about the Hercules stand foam on the bottom rungs and was thinking some simple sleeves here might not be the worst idea.

A company’s guarantee cannot bring back a finish that has been damaged.

Bare wood though, that is, well, a sponge, so not suprising.

3 Likes

Fender claims all their stands are nitro safe, and On-Stage says they make both.

2 Likes