Compact monitoring speakers?

Yeah Amazon can get bogus sellers in Amazon Shops that way overcharge.

“Cheaper and still better” seems to be a pretty common occurrence with JBL in my experience.

Yep, check out Thomann first. Always a good bet. :wink:

€294 for two. I made this mistake many times :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Keep in mind, the Presonus is a package with 2 speakers, the JBL is only one speaker. So it will be 294 € for both of them (vs 188 € for the Presonus).

Also keep in mind the different cableing: The JBL need a power cable each and a sound cable each (or from a DAI into the speakers, I am not sure if that is needed anyway and going from the headphone out to both speakers is a good idea?).
The Presonus connects from the left to the right speaker via speaker cable, so you only need one power cable, and you go from the laptop into the left speaker. Also something to consider in the decision.

:exploding_head:

Okay, that’ll teach me not to post “recommendations” in the middle of the night. Ignore me guys, I’m going back to bed :roll_eyes:

You sure about the price? Here they run $195 for a pair:

and thats not even the cheapest I found.

Thomann was the second store I looked into. I took note quite early that monitoring speakers sold as a single unit is quite common - - (and it’s the same in amz). For a split second, you got my hopes up @Mike_NL. As compensation for the psychological damage, you must cover Dean Town from Vulfpeck in 5 hours. Thank you ^^
@howard You’re even worse. I’m envious now. Japan. And … Japan. And good deals. Please help @Mike_NL for the cover.
GRRR ^^´ !

2 Likes

I give up my good deals search for now (this is tiring). I think I’m going for the Presonus, since I can find them in pair and with a deal I’m confortable with (around 150€).
Thank you all for your answers and help !

3 Likes

Yep, I just double checked, it was even more expensive in some other shops. Crazy!

Didn’t know that song, so I had to look it up… And I can tell you: I wouldn’t be able to play that in five years!

1 Like

It is doable tho. I often play this song for practice. The hardest thing is keeping up the tempo :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Mike_NL Mais c’est très bien ! I’m fine with your cover after 5 years as well :yum:
For the JBL price, yeah, same as Paul : forget about a good deal, all I found was more expensive than amz or thomann. Which is, in a way, a sign of its quality I suppose ? You don’t get price drops on hardware that will still sell great at the initial price.

I do really like mine. FWIW in the US they are about $240 a pair on Amazon.

hmm … I’m getting a bit confused for the cables I need in my setup. Symmetric ? TRS ? balanced …
ouch - -’

What cables should I use for this setup between the MK2 and the Eris ? Can you recommand something in particular ?
Thanks for your advices !

This one (x2) should do … right ?
# Câble d’instrument Jack-Jack 1 m Noir
1 meter, symmetric and balanced.

Use TRS

1 Like

Thanks AnotherJosh. Looking only for TRS is way easier now.
Then these ones should do, and there are sold as a pair (not the cheapest though because there is a delivery charge)

Those look like good cables, should be worth your investment.

1 Like