Compressor Pedals

One of the things I liked about the Ampeg SCR-DI is that it has a volume control for the AUX in. I thought that would be really nice for practicing. Particularly with headphones. There is a refurbished one on the Ampeg website for $139.99.

https://shop.ampeg.com/refurbished/pedals/scr-di.html

1 Like

Yeah, even on subtle settings the amp sims are nice. Here’s the same riff (played poorly, apologies, I was paying too much attention to the pedal) with four bars repeating dry, G-K RB800, Ampeg B-15, then SVT. All more or less neutral (with Low coloring on the G-K and Low Ultra on the Ampegs), slight bass boost , mids and treble neutral, 50% blend. So very little sound shaping and still the amp sims sound good and different.

Nice little unit. For amps it models 11 different amps with several cabs per amp.

1 Like

yeah that’s cool, I like how the GK adds an agressive top end. the two Ampeg sound pretty much similar.

I guess you can save your presets which is pretty useful in studio context ! in fact it’s the same thing on the UX1 I use : no hardware pot, so I make the settings on the computer and then I save my presets.

the B3n looks cool with some kind of “integrated pedalboard” approch (pots for each effect).

1 Like

I can vouchsafe the Behringer. I’ve used one a few times recently and they’re rock solid. Not costly too. I have the same approach to pedals. Why pay hundreds? Just been given an old wah with a broken pot it now runs as a noise free volume pedal. (running without a battery!)

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I do, basically save individual sounds as presets. There’s an excellent piece of freeware for editing them on the computer.

The thing can chain up to five effects but I find I use it most setting them up as individual pedals backed by amp and cab sims and maybe a compressor (to get back on topic :slight_smile: That’s another reason the B3n would be nice, as you note. It’s just a nicer user interface and more like actual pedals.

2 Likes

Ended up snagging a used B3n at a good price. I can always resell for the same price if I like the B1on better. Thanks for helping clarify what I really wanted :slight_smile:

2 Likes