Could you own a purple Orange amp

Just a curiosity post after seeing the special/limited edition purple coloured Orange amps.

I like purple (I have a purple burst bass and completely purple guitar), but it just doesn’t seem right somehow :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Well if Orange is the new black, then purple must be the new Orange. lol.
The only thing that bugs me about the purple ones is that I think they should have purple-ized the logo and branding on the purple speakers instead of leaving it orange and black. To me that little detail is what makes it clash…

7 Likes

I’d own that in a heartbeat. I won’t get the black one though.

4 Likes

Yes I would! :star_struck:
Too bad it’s only 50W though.

5 Likes

Yup! Looks great and Glen Hughes is the man, it’s his signature model.

Yeah 50W is usually kind of wimpy for a bass amp, but I have a 100W Crush (Orange of course :slight_smile: ) and it is much louder than other 100W amps I’ve played for some reason.

The parametric mid control is very cool on these too. You can do a lot of tone shaping.

4 Likes

Yep, definitely would look better.

1 Like

I’m still learning about amps, but I’ve currently only got a Rumble 15 so 50w would probably detroy that and I only play at home anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah they are known for being much louder. They just do things differently :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I do! Have a thing about purple… although I like the orange as well. It’s my only bass amp, but I play mini bass with ukulele groups so it’s plenty loud enough for me.

2 Likes