Cowboy junkies

I have just been introduced to this band on my Spotify.
Never heard of them before, the song Crescent moon blew me away, I then listened to a lot of their music and some of the bass lines are very melodic, and the singer has the smoothest of voices, I thought Tarja from nightwish was really smooth but I think this gal has got her covered.
Other notable songs with great bass lines are
first recollection
A common disaster
Would love to hear some feedback
Cheers brian

6 Likes

Fantastic soothing vocals but not my thing I’m afraid

3 Likes

Hi @Mac,
Have you listened to any nightwish?

5 Likes

Yeah I don’t mind some me of their stuff at all.

1 Like

With you on this part.

It’s ok tho, we all have different taste

3 Likes

Nice @TNKA36 Brian… At first listen I seemed to have been taken back to a 1970’s era Fleetwood Mac with the soothing yet strong vocals of a young Stevie Nicks…

6 Likes

Hey @ lanny,
I’m half way through reading get tusked which is a book written by the sound engineers who recorded Fleetwood Mac’s album Tusk.
There was a lot of chemicals used back then!
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Hahaha… Yup, sure were… Kinda expected though. Tons of nose candy - all just part of the music recording business back then.

3 Likes

Suddenly I’m transported back 25+ years… look at Mazzy Star, Portishead and similar. Very ambient with powerful singers

1 Like

Portishead ! Now they were a band that really caught my attention even deep in my metal years

1 Like

I’ve always been eclectic when it comes to music. Oddly enough most of what I like is heavy on the bass.

1 Like

Margo Timmins…wow!
Can i recommend ‘Blue Rodeo’?
Probably Canada’s best musical secret.

2 Likes

Read cowboy- thought nope
Scrolling down- @Lanny mentions Stevie
Scrolls back up immediately- listens…
couldn’t really focus because as video played I opened Spotify and am now into Landslide…again…Stevie :heart:
Hope everyone is having a great day!

5 Likes

Hi @raider61x,
Will check it out👍
The bass player has nice style and it’s not difficult.
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Hi @raider61x,
Just had a quick listen on Spotify,
They sound really good, like some of the bass work, will do google search tonight when I get home from work.
Thanks for sharing
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Have to read any thread that mentions Nightwish. Last Ride of the Day is an incredible song. I’ll blast that one any day. Those vocals are amazing.

3 Likes

Hey @Shane_Landen,
Nightwish are awesome, saw them live in Melbourne around 2018.
Had ear plugs in and still got blown away, “LOUD”
Great concert👍
Floor Jansen is awesome, but Tarja was also really good.
Their live DVD from Wacken is one of my favourite concerts.
Cheers Brian

2 Likes