Crazy inlay skills

I don’t even want to know what this cost…

7 Likes

Amazing! I wouldn’t even want to touch that fretboard after that, and ruin the work. The dude is a true craftsman for sure.

3 Likes

Yes. This is absolutely beautiful work. Grace Kelly’s eyes?
I’m thoroughly WoWed!

2 Likes

This is one of those videos where you think you’ll skip ahead to move it along, but you end up watching the whole thing transfixed. Happiest 23 minutes of my day today :slight_smile:

And yeah, those princess Grace eyes staring back at you when it’s finished :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I would go Audrey Hepburn but Grace Kelly is a very close #2.
Watching him made me wonder, is he the best? Is there someone better?

3 Likes

You’d have to commission him to do some Audrey Hepburn eyes for another guitar/bass in your collection, maybe her arm and cigarette holder could somehow appear too on the fretboard.

There may be someone close out there in YouTube world, but this would seem to be pretty top notch for inlay work to me, lol!

2 Likes

There might be this good, but different. I can’t imagine what better would even look like.

3 Likes

That is insane.
His whole channel looks pretty bad ass. Lots of things maybe not as fun to watch, but some really cools stuff.

His website, he does luthier training, from 1-2 day set up./ repair shops, to 4 days 6 days, 2 weeks and 3 months plans. The 3 month is geard to get you ready to work as a luthier, but I would guess it would be an appretntice still, or luthier in training, or just find a place to put your hours in, cuz you won’t be a master builder after 3 months.
Its like saying you will be a highly coveted touring and recording bass player after B2B.
Gets you started, where you go from there, is up to you.

Pretty interesting website, compared to his channel. he sells alot of applies, for full building, like parts to make pick ups, fret inlays, every kind of tool, and then builds custom instruments also.

2 Likes

I wonder if he could do Marty Feldman.

5 Likes

I always think of this song and my favourite verse when I hear the words Grace Kelly:

The actress gave up all her old dreams
And traded up, now she is a queen
Royal families don’t have time for that shit
Your crystal ball, you keep it hid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLX4orF29nQ

2 Likes

Just watched that video, @John_E . . . :slight_smile:

Whoa . . talk about a LOT of design work! :thinking: Truly amazing job!

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

Ha Ha Ha

“Damn your Eyes”
opens eyes wide “Too Late”
-Young Frankenstein
No Fraunkensteen
But I thought is was FRANKenstein
Well, you are wrong, it is FARUNKenSTEEN

2 Likes