Cyber Bass?

4 Likes

Interesting bass - 4 output jacks though? Do you get to plug it into 4 different amps? Maybe a good excuse to “need” some more bass amps! :rofl:

2 Likes

Interesting video. At 3:45 you can see the electronics. It looks like 1 pickup per string with each going to it’s own pot and jack. Or it could just be for looks like the metal fins.

Having said that, I want an amp for each of my strings. Just to have the chance to learn how to EQ all of it together. That would be all kinds of fun. :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

Haha, can you imagine?! What fun, and, with each amp having its own sound, the whole thing could somehow be “your sound” - but, the downside would be, it might just have to be a home setup, as lugging 4 bass amps around would get old really fast!

2 Likes

No way. The other musicians in your band would appreciate your sound so much they would help you carry it all…

Yeah, that can’t be right. I can’t imagine that happening either.

2 Likes

I don’t know what the idea behind the fins is unless it is just for show. Seems a lot of work if that is the case

1 Like

It’s cool, get an octaver with octave up and two would be guitar amps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

um 1/2 steam punk 1/2 cyber i dunno man

2 Likes

I found out what the fins are for.
This is part of the new marble machine and the fins guide the marbles onto the strings

4 Likes

That’s really cool. It also explains why he used separate pickups for each string.

2 Likes

wow that is engineering at it finest

1 Like

This might be the final video in the series - amazing engineering!!

4 Likes

His work is amazing.

3 Likes

Haha! And he even played the Bach cello suite there with it too (around 12:00).

It is an engineering marvel for sure. Though probably not exactly the kind of thing you’d want to lug around to gigs!

4 Likes