Damn! Been awhile!

Haven’t been around for several months, but NOW we have high speed internet out here in the boonies!! For those who remember what I had to deal with out here for many years, all I had was what I could use as “data” off my cell phone. Dealt with that for years, then COVID hit…… Things got really bad - to the point that it would take almost 4 hours to upload a file to YouTube…… Anyway, after my last YouTube upload,

Tom Sawyer - Bass Cover Jam - YouTube,

I had to quit because it just wasn’t worth all the headaches!! However, after two years, (and a grant to bring high speed to rural areas), we finally have high speed!! Our connectivity has gone ballistic!! Here’s what I had, and here’s what I have today….

I know that a lot of you old forum folks probably thought that I just gave up, but thing is, I just couldn’t communicate anymore with slow speeds along with dealing with data caps on my cell phone - hell, I tool the entire B2B years ago using just “Phone Data”….

Anyway, hope to be around a bit more now that I have some decent internet!!

Keep on Thumpin’
Lanny

20 Likes

Awesome! Great to have you back Lanny! Missed your cover videos. Looking forward to seeing you at the next Zoom Hang!

5 Likes

Thanks Jerry!! Can actually make them now since I have FIOS!!

6 Likes

@Lanny !

Your livin’ in da future!

Great to see you back.
Now you can shop for fear so much faster!!

5 Likes

Good to hear from you!
You were gone so long, I had forgotten my life’s purpose.
But now I remember.
Thanks for checking in.

If you need me, I’ll be keepin on thumpin’.

6 Likes

Nice. I just assumed because you’re so old that you were dead :sunglasses:

Lovely to have you back.

9 Likes

Lanny! Great to see you back man! I hope you’re doing well.

5 Likes

Dude! Welcome back :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Lanny great to hear from you mate

5 Likes

Welcome back, Lanny! Dog still sipping your whiskey?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Great to see you back @Lanny

4 Likes

Damn that’s fast. Here in Australia, in our capital cities, we’re led to believe that our fibre network that cost billions is fast. I get 50Mbps down and about 20Mbps up for about AUD$90 a month. The so called ultra fast is 100Mbps.

Many people, still in capital cities, can’t even get that.

Even at these speeds we get periods where bandwidth is crap.

And welcome back, I’m not overly consistent here, but probably should be :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I can’t even get reliable mobile phone service @iDuncan :joy:

4 Likes

Mine is bad in my house @Mac, bit of a dead spot, close spacing with neighbours and combined with a tin roof.

3 Likes

Thanks Y’All!!

Can actually participate in them now… Had our first online get together with kids and grandkids yesterday. A real treat!!

Hahaha - something Connie is a bit concerned with :worried: :worried:!!!

:joy: :joy: :rofl: :rofl:… Apparently the VA is doing a decent job keeping me alive down here…

Doing fine… Finished building a new shooting building and a combination pistol/rifle range with targets set up from 10 yards all the way out to 100 yards…

Thanks Howard!

Thanks Wombat!

That damn Griffin is a LUSH!! Hits my bourbon then hops up on the couch next to Connie for a sip of her wine!!

Thanks Mac! Hope you’re keeping those horses at bay!

Nor am I Duncan… Got so many different projects and hobbies happening around here. Looking forward to catching up on some of the stuff that I’ve missed out on over the past several months…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Now that kinda made my day!! :joy: :joy:

Keep on Thumpin’!!
Lanny

10 Likes

Gday Bill, @Lanny
With speeds like that you best be watching your speed, you could end up with a ticket :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:. Certainly a big difference!! No latency what so ever anymore - not to mention having to drive 28 miles away to the parking lot of our regional hospital in order to use internet….

4 Likes

Isn’t technology wonderful? :grin:

3 Likes

Well,… “Maybe”… Guess it kinda “Depends”…

Everything these days is “Smart”… However, I’m “Old”… (Thus the “Depends” reference)…

Now that we have high speed internet here, we just had our home thermostats replaced with those “Smart” ones… Pretty cool, but… I’m beginning to realize that the only reason “Smart” things were developed, was to prove that:

1. “Old” people are pretty much “Stupid” and don’t know how to use them… and…
  2. “Young” people are pretty much “Lazy” and can’t get off their ass to turn a gahdamn thermostat knob…

One thing’s for certain,… when those thermostats were replaced, I did keep the “Old Stupid” ones just in case those “Smart” ones get to becoming too damn smart and become “Lazy” themselves and decide to just quit working!!!..

Now if technology would ever get to a point of the development of something like… “Smart Briefs” - “boxers or briefs” that were smart enough to sense whether an old person were to either just pass simple gas (or pass something a bit more substantial), and automatically change their composite structure to match the situation at hand,… then by all means,… I’d be all in!!! :joy: :rofl: :rofl:

In the meantime,…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

This product already exists :sunglasses:

IMG_4824

3 Likes