Demotivating bass lessons?

A Canadian couch isn’t a duvet, it’s a chesterfield.

3 Likes

Indeed. The US didn’t own the lower half of that green part until 1803, when we bought it from France.

1 Like

The French have a presence in my area…I work on Chartres Rd. in LaSalle

1 Like

This bass talk and historical geography is all well and good but we still don’t know where @Barney purchased his fabled duvet cover

4 Likes

To wrap this up @RoyB I don’t know. My wife bought it years ago. However speaking of people commenting on video’s. The latest one today is from someone who jokingly thinks I look like the actor Simon Pegg (I don’t).
You can either ignore / laugh at / delete these comments or set your videos so that nobody can make a remark. But as @Mike_NL so accurately pointed out; with so much YouTube content being uploaded every day. Nobody really cares about your Bass cover and that’s OK :wink:
Lastly I’d encourage everyone to record themselves. Listening back to your own playing will give you a true measure of where you are, how far you’ve come (you’ve come a long way baby) and where next.

7 Likes

Is that the duvet in question? 'Cuz I’m pretty sure that’s from IKEA.
(looks around uncomfortably)
Uh, maybe. I’ve been there a couple times.

Great cover, @Barney !
(no comment about Simon Pegg…but you were great in The Dark Crystal reboot)
:grin:

5 Likes

Great cover @Barney, you nailed it.

2 Likes

Great cover with a great cover in the background. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

lol I have an IKEA within walking distance, so I solve the problem by just walking there instead of driving :woman_facepalming:t2:

Well, I can still buy things like that, though :eyes:

2 Likes

You live within walking distance of one? Oh, sh*t that would not help me at all - it’s all the small things that get me in trouble lololol! “Why yes, I do need 100 tea lights, a ceramic snack bowl, 6 dish towels that could double as wall art, and this funny little nightlite with a rabbit face (for my daughter, of course).”

1 Like

https://poshmark.com/listing/IKEA-Malin-Rund-Colorful-Overlapping-Circles-FullQueen-Duvet-Cover-83-x-84-61859df0f9c3828ec8d3c00f

For Father’s day, I’ve asked to Ikea and just get an ice cream and eat it while watching folks in the loading zone wrestling with their cars and purchases. It hasn’t quite worked out that way yet.

2 Likes

Called it!

That sounds like a great Father’s Day plan - there’s tons of free entertainment at IKEA for people watchers. I hope this works out for you! :smile:

3 Likes

If you remember or saw my practice space pic, I have:

1)Glass vase with rattan lights
2)4 tea lights in glass holders (and of course a drawer full of the candles :joy: )
3)6 assorted little potted plants

:rofl:

Even my Jam Station :tm: space has a decorative item from IKEA.

2 Likes

Ok so wrapping this up. Nice detective work from @cbaray.
He’s my favourite video about IKEA / retail in general. For anyone who has ever worked retail, Scott Seiss is on the money with these rants. Enjoy.

6 Likes

Almost all the things in my living room/practice space are from there. :joy:

1 Like

LOL I f’ing love that clip. The back isn’t some magical place XD

1 Like

All my music room furniture is IKEA
Desk, shelves, cabinets, rugs, lamp, waste basket, side table my tools sit on near workbench (had a scoffee table in here too but they got booted as it needed to hold albums under the turntable and it didn’t).
Only things that are not are my album cubes (they just didn’t have what fit my space) and my workbench (again, same).
IKEA (and their meatballs) rocks!
Come to think of it every desk in our house is IKEA.

2 Likes

I have a 4x4 EXPEDIT shelf that’s no longer made that stores some books and various pieces of gear I only use “sometimes” and then beneath my loft bed I have 4 of the newer 2x4 shelves that are similar for more storage. My cat mostly took over that area lol, but I might put a beanbag underneath for a small/private reading area or something. I want to hang some lights up in there, too.

My main desk was an IKEA table, but I rearranged things in my space to now have that large Output Platform (damn was it spendy… but it’ll probably never need to be replaced. heavy af whenever it comes time to move…)

1 Like

Desk is those ‘table/desk’ tops that you put the legs on and mix and match.
Trouble is I want a bigger one and they don’t make one in a dimension that fits.
As they are hollow I had to put metal plates around monitor arm and mic boom.
I’d like another foot wide and 2" of depth but a custom top in black is a PITA to find.

2 Likes

lol yeah, I had a monitor stand and it broke the table eventually. My monitor over the desk was resting on a MIDI mixer with a polycarbonate cover on it :joy: I never got around to placing a block of wood or something there. Now I don’t need to, thankfully.

1 Like